Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Full PBC Card After Fundora Steps In To Replace Injured Thurman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing2695 View Post

Yeah but styles make fights just because mendoza beat fundora and Tzyu beat mendoza don't mean fundora can't beat Tzyu I personally like it more than the thurman fight. But I agree it's very rare you get 4 world titles on one card nowadays and yeah it hasn't gotta big name on the card but still be a decent night of boxing but I can see people's gripe about paying 80 dollars or whatever it is
    It's not about the styles and the triangle theory tho. Their styles should mesh very well for a highly entertaining fight. It's about dude getting a title shot after he got drilled in his last fight. Same thing with Romero. Shouldn't be getting a shot coming off of KO losses(in Romero's case, even less getting it in a division he's never fought in). But it is what it is when a guy pulls out of a fight. Next man up whose willing to step in on short notice. That's the boxing business for ya. The price of some of these PPVs have always been ridiculous. But as a purist of the sport, most folks are gonna complain and moan and still buy it anyway, which is why the dynamics it won't change. The life of a fan of the sport. Still looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

I heard Lubin turned it down. I'd have rather seen Tszyu vs Lubin myself.

The good part is now its a unified belt situation for the winner. So kinda jumped ahead where they likely were gonna end up anyway.
      Agreed. Lubin, for as talented as he is tho, is very chinny and Tszyu woulda seriously tested his chin, so it wouldn't have been beneficial for him to take that risk on short notice despite it being for unified titles, especially if he hasn't been in training already. The stakes are even higher now for Tszyu/Fundora to really establish themselves as the guy in the division with Charlo continually getting stripped, being inactive in the division, and enjoying his Canelo payday. All in all, no matter the business side of things, can't see this being a boring fight in any way.

Comment

Your hour has come Sebastian Fundora. So do your thing man in order to redeem yourself. No more boxing; Just use your superior cardio and work rate in order to wear Tim Tszyu down. Just stay close by swarming him on the inside.

Comment

This reminds me of a Don King PPV card in the 1990s.

Comment

Nice card, but not a PPV card! Canelo and Boots on the same card, now that's more like it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

I heard Lubin turned it down. I'd have rather seen Tszyu vs Lubin myself.

The good part is now its a unified belt situation for the winner. So kinda jumped ahead where they likely were gonna end up anyway.
              I would've rather seen Jesus Ramos instead of Fundora! At least Ramos didn't get KO'd! He might've actually been robbed by Lubin???

Eff Pandas Eff Pandas likes this.

Comment

Tszyu got a tougher fight and Bohachuk got a tougher fight
                Eff Pandas Eff Pandas likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by edpboxing View Post

69.99, it was 74.99…

edit: that’s just what I’ve seen, I was never gonna buy it, so haven’t actually looked on prime
                  They need to go back to offering shows for $39.99 and leaving the $70-$80 price tag only for premium events.

They forget that Floyd and Pacquiao worked for years to be able to charge those prices. Now they want every jabroni to be able to charge that for their first pay per view.

Comment

Originally posted by Griever0730 View Post
                    Might not be PPV-worthy by name value, but 4 title fights on one card is a rarity and can't be totally dismissed. Still sketchy that Fundora gets a title shot after being knocked out in his last fight by the guy Tszyu beat in his last fight. Regardless, should be an entertaining card all-around.
                    Even worst Lara fighting for a world tittle, but yes, you are right about Fundora.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                      I would've rather seen Jesus Ramos instead of Fundora! At least Ramos didn't get KO'd! He might've actually been robbed by Lubin???
                      I had Jesus winning that fight (8-4 iirc). I did think Team Jesus fooked him by acting like he had some massive lead in the bank which led to him losing tho. But point taken.

I'm sure Jesus woulda been in the running to step in, if he wasn't already, if Fundora had turned it down. I wouldn't have been mad at Tsyzu vs Ramos. Idk that I'd favor either guy THAT much over the other as the step in opp tho. I feel like Fundora probably works out better since he was planning to fight on the same card.
                      Bronx2245 Bronx2245 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X