Fury strated waffling already lol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

The writing was on the wall long ago
    The division will benefit when the three : Wilder , Fury and AJ will be gone
    But why include AJ with those two duckers and inactive fighters? For all he's done and not done, one of the things he has done is taken on risks and fights and stayed active. He should not be judged like the other two phoneys.

Comment

Originally posted by Froch_uppercut View Post

But why include AJ with those two duckers and inactive fighters? For all he's done and not done, one of the things he has done is taken on risks and fights and stayed active. He should not be judged like the other two phoneys.
      Sorry but he seems like exactly one of them
      Maybe all that chit with Wilder although the two are to blame
      These guys like soap operas
      I chit you not the division would be better off
      shwaap shwaap likes this.

Comment

I dunno. I can't read too much into that. The context was solidified in the final paragraph about his focus being on Usyk:

"How would you underestimate him (Usyk) to be looking at a guy who he's already beat twice? I don't think you'd do that."

For now, looking at 1 or 2 Usyk encounters in the near term, he's keeping his focus where it should be kept. Afterall, this isn't tennis. Every fight is just like a car wreck. A fender bender or a fatal event; you can't know until it's over.

AJ? Love him, and its great to have him back. He's a credit to the sport.

But once upon a time, in June of 2019 to be precise; the world had three men claiming to be the heavyweight champion of the world, and all three were undefeated, having each made multiple successful title defenses.

Tyson Fury, who'd won the real title from Wlad Klitschko via masterclass, went on a 2.5 year medical leave that was mistaken for a retirement, resumed his activity and defended with three defenses, with a 4th scheduled that month in June.

Deontay Wilder, who wore the WBC strap since January 2015 and defended 9 times with a 10th scheduled for later in the year.

When those two met in December 2018, in a timeless classic that ended in a draw, calling for a trilogy, the unification process had begun.

And Anthony Joshua, holder of a number of belts, most stripped off of Fury for his medical absence, had made 6 defenses of those titles, and he blew the whole scheme of unification between 3 undefeated title claimants to bits on June 1, 2019 when he was blasted out like Dresden by replacement opponent Andy Ruiz, putting a one champion world on hold for years to come.

And here we are today, 5 years later, on the verge of full unification again.

It causes me to ask; what role will Anthony Joshua play THIS time?​

Comment

Originally posted by Froch_uppercut View Post

The only issue I have regarding Joshua is that it took 11 months to make the Usyk rematch. Other than that, I think he's been a net-positive for the HW division. I blame the chaos on Wilder/Fury. Those two are meant for each other.

Comment

But the division was God-awful before these 3 ribose to prominence. We were still stuck in the Klitz era—I wouldn’t wish that era on my worst enemy but boxing fans had to eat that for what, a decade?

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post

But the division was God-awful before these 3 ribose to prominence. We were still stuck in the Klitz era—I wouldn’t wish that era on my worst enemy but boxing fans had to eat that for what, a decade?
              Yeah your right about that but at least they were fighting
              These guys it’s all big show and then nothing

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

The only issue I have regarding Joshua is that it took 11 months to make the Usyk rematch. Other than that, I think he's been a net-positive for the HW division. I blame the chaos on Wilder/Fury. Those two are meant for each other.
                Why blame things on Wilder or Fury? Those two stepped up to unify. Wilder was the most active of any title holder since Klitschko.

Comment

Well, Fury asked AJ twice in several months after the second Usyk fight - the first time was "the contract is in the wrong format", the second time was "I don't think this is serious and I am considering other fights" - two bags. So Fury is right in a way.

Oh, Usyk including. His division stalling is one of the most rude ever.

Comment

Originally posted by fifth_root View Post
                    Well, Fury asked AJ twice in several months after the second Usyk fight - the first time was "the contract is in the wrong format", the second time was "I don't think this is serious and I am considering other fights" - two bags. So Fury is right in a way.

Oh, Usyk including. His division stalling is one of the most rude ever.
                    Yup
                    Usyk already made it clear there will be no third instalment with AJ
                    So yeah that takes care of that
                    Fury is gonna lie some more and more
                    Wilder might just be done
                    Imo , the division benefits once the three amigos are gone

Comment

Originally posted by Willow The Wisp View Post

Why blame things on Wilder or Fury? Those two stepped up to unify. Wilder was the most active of any title holder since Klitschko.
                      I could probably write a paragraph, but I'll keep it simple. The two most important HW happenings of the past 10 years: Fury beating Klitschko and his subsequent implosion, and Wilder cherry-picking Fury. Like I said, they deserve each other.

Comment

Working...
                      X