Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How good is Floyd Mayweather's resume as a ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

Coralles and Hatton are HOFers. They were prime, both undefeated, when Floyd beat them. He was in fact the underdog against Corralles.
    I don't think either is in the HOF and I don't think either is deserving
    RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM RuleOfTheSpear likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyMike100 View Post

The Class of 2024 includes Ricky “The Hitman” Hatton, Michael “Double M” Moorer, Iván “Iron Boy” Calderón and Diego “Chico” Corrales (posthumous) in the Men's Modern category.

If you don’t think they are deserving, ok.

Comment

I'd be curious to hear who the haters think has a better resume. You can nitpick anyone's resume, after all. Would love to see a side by side comparison of resumes with whoever is supposed to be better. I suspect Floyd will still find himself in good company... Not my favorite, but I can still respect what he accomplished, even if I don't love the manner in which he did it.
        Gary Coleman Gary Coleman likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyMike100 View Post

Who you think is deserving isn’t relevant.

They are both HOF’ers, in their prime. Thats an objective fact so for you to say he hasn’t beaten any prime HOF’ers is factually incorrect.
          The Big Dunn The Big Dunn likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Feroz View Post

I think Castillo and Corrales were pretty good wins, they don't have the best chins but offensive skill wise they were a menace. Castillo had beaten Joel Casamayor and Corrales in their rematch. Castillo was also one of the main sparring partners of Chavez Sr.

Corrales who had pulled a last minute upset against Castillo in their first bout, won the rematch against Casamayor, and beat up an undefeated Acelino Freitas.

Some of these ATG fighters however had stipulations, and were picked on optimal circumstances like Cotto and De La Hoya.
            Yes, just like he did with Canelo, draining him to 152 when he was barely making 154. He also came in over the limit against a blown up JMM and paid him off instead of draining himself.

Comment

Originally posted by chaos View Post

Yes, just like he did with Canelo, draining him to 152 when he was barely making 154. He also came in over the limit against a blown up JMM and paid him off instead of draining himself.
              About Mayweather vs Marquez, I don't really give Floyd much credit for bloating up a lightweight two divisions which will be impeding his performance and still somehow Floyd was coming overweight. Most argue that because Marquez was P4P fighter and Mayweather was unactive for two years it should, but Floyd's is the top of athlete who always maintained himself in tip top condition and rarely needed to engage in a fight at Welterweight in the first place. I think something similar with Canelo vs Charlo and Spence vs Garcia.

For Mayweather vs Canelo, a 23 year old athlete, I don't think dropping two pounds would had affected Canelo much unless there was a rehydration clause. It might affect Canelo to a degree but not enough for him to had lost one sidedly in the fight. Might affect Floyd's win, but they both meet at the same middle point with Mayweather moving up.
              Last edited by Feroz; 03-25-2024, 04:43 PM.

Comment

It's a good, deep resume. It's not his fault that Oscar, Shane and Manny waited to fight him or that politics with Arum got in the way.

Put his resume up against any of his contemporaries or anyone fighting today.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Coleman View Post
                  It's a good, deep resume. It's not his fault that Oscar, Shane and Manny waited to fight him or that politics with Arum got in the way.

Put his resume up against any of his contemporaries or anyone fighting today.
                  Floyd should have used jkd, be like water analogy. If people were putting barriers to floyd being great, floyd should have found away around obstacles, find other avenues to become great, don't make excuses.
                  Fight GGG, rematch Nell at 160, don't duck thurman, bradley, brook, bud, spence etc and have a policy of fighting toughest opponent at all times if possible. Best someone your not supposed to.

Floyd's behind pac and RJJ and hopkins
                  Last edited by hugh grant; 03-25-2024, 06:27 PM.
                  RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM RuleOfTheSpear likes this.

Comment

Top 5-10 all time.

Comment

He's a top 20 or so fighter of all-time, which makes him an ATG P4P

He's arguably the best 130lb. fighter ever with Auguello or Chavez.

He's a top 10-15 WW

He didn't do enough at 135 or 140 to be ATG at those weight classes.

The problem is is he's got a bunch of stans who have turned him into the end all be all of boxing because they lack father figures to look up too and just admire his throwing money around and being "his own boss".

That's why they parrot the whole "TBE" nonsense & discount older fighters who had greater careers.
                      Last edited by The D3vil; 03-25-2024, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X