Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chris Algieri's School Of Thought: If It Can't Be Benavidez, Then Munguia Is The Best Opponent For Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could potentially be a good fight but Canelo is not stupid... He knows what he's doing - its another calculated selection, he knows Munguia's chin will be open all night for counters and its a good style matchup for him.

I'm really hoping this backfires in his face like the Bivol fight and Munguia's power body shots will deplete his terrible gas tank even quicker than usual this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

No sir, I can’t let you get away with that. Yldirim was in no way deserving a shot while Morell is not. Enough of this “what does he bring to the table” jazz, that’s an excuse fighters, teams, and fans use to justify ducking and it needs to be exposed. Morrel is the so called “regular” champion, to canelo’s so called “super” champion. There is no excuse rather than fear to duck him. If his name was Frtiz Van Winkle from Rotterdam with a 23-4 w/ 11 KOs record and represented by matchroom Canelo would fight him. I’ve had enough of fan protection of Canelo.
      Avni was a mando iirc.

And there is a difference between Canelo picking a guy than what we are talking about. Thats lottery ticket sh^t. Talented guys are never getting the lottery ticket Ryder got from Canelo for a more recent example.

Lets quit acting like we don't understand this is a business first at this level. I think its suboptimal entertainment wise as a fan myself, but I understand that its a reality even when a guy I like is getting fooked like David Benavidez has been.

Comment

Originally posted by Elastic Recoilz View Post
        I'm really hoping this backfires in his face like the Bivol fight and Munguia's power body shots will deplete his terrible gas tank even quicker than usual this time.
        Same. I think Munguia has a better chance than most are giving him. I do favor Canelo, but all my rooting interest is with Munguia.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Avni was a mando iirc.

And there is a difference between Canelo picking a guy than what we are talking about. Thats lottery ticket sh^t. Talented guys are never getting the lottery ticket Ryder got from Canelo for a more recent example.

Let’s quit acting like we don't understand this is a business first at this level. I think it’s suboptimal entertainment wise as a fan myself, but I understand that it’s a reality even when a guy I like is getting fooked like David Benavidez has been.
          So each and every time there is a duck I want to see you post “this is a business” for each fighter that blatantly avoids threats, even when they arnt Mexicans
          Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

So each and every time there is a duck I want to see you post “this is a business” for each fighter that blatantly avoids threats, even when they arnt Mexicans
            It is business whether I'm happy about it or not. I don't think you are understanding me here. Go see my recent rant on Canelo where im yo momma-ing his b^tch ass for not fighting Benavidez, who I believe is & has been the biggest threat for Canelo since Canelo has been at 168 & esp in the last couple yrs when Benavidez has improved his resume. It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post

He won't beat him, period. Do you think that benavidez would be running from a guy that he can beat easily? And canelo is running away from benavidez.
              Won't be Morrell based on what

Comment

But this is why people justify the ducking.

"If it cant be Benavidez" blah blah.

It CAN be a Benavidez, but one side doesn't want it. These people in the boxing media need to stop soft soaping Canelo and say the truth.

Comment

Enough of this “what does he bring to the table” jazz, that’s an excuse fighters, teams, and fans use to justify ducking and it needs to be exposed.
                  I’ve been trying. NSB keeps avoiding the topic.

Comment

Originally posted by A.B Counterhooks View Post
                    Canelo already fighting Mungia ,that a fact so the rest of the division tops should fight/eliminate each other for next title shot contention, no more fighting journeymans and gatekeepers tm while waiting for the ginger in their comfort zone. C'mon now.
                    The fvking alphabet soups should strip canelo and make the 1 and 2 of each org fight for the belt, no emails allowed, and leave ginger in his semi-retired exhibition tour.

Comment

Working...
                    X