Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chris Algieri's School Of Thought: If It Can't Be Benavidez, Then Munguia Is The Best Opponent For Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chris Algieri's School Of Thought: If It Can't Be Benavidez, Then Munguia Is The Best Opponent For Canelo

Before assessing Saul "Canelo" Alvarez-Jaime Munguia, it's important to recognise that David Benavidez is the fighter who most deserved the opportunity Munguia has been presented with
    [Click Here To Read More]

For the entertainment purposes, popularity and business sense Munguia makes sense but is not the fight that the fans really want.
    sidefx996 sidefx996 likes this.

Comment

Now this clown wants to help with the excuses. Munguia could've gotten the Alvared fight in september. There is no way ever that Benavidez will get his earned opportunity
      JLC JLC Oldskoolg Oldskoolg like this.

Comment

Actually I think the next best option would have been David Morrell who is probably an even bigger threat to Canelo than Benavidez. Therefore you won’t see cinnamon fighting him

Comment

Same as the old lass in "Running man" --- "I want Ben Richards aka Benavidez"

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
            Actually I think the next best option would have been David Morrell who is probably an even bigger threat to Canelo than Benavidez. Therefore you won’t see cinnamon fighting him
            The problem with Morrell is he hasn't done nothing. He gots to fight better guys. Guys ppl have heard of. Skill wise whos not impressed by him, but this is a business & if you got skills but cant sell tickets or at least got W's over some known guys you are all risk no reward. Thats the same boat my dude Boots is in. He looks like a bigger threat than he sells tickets for the threat he looks like. Any guy like that isn't gonna be in big fights til they go well past earning those big fights more often than not.

And apparently Canelo is either peeing on himself over Benavidez or David being a small PPV level guy with a few W's over guys ppl have heard of isn't enough value for Canelo to fight him. So obviously Morrell would come up short as the best opp vs a guy like Munguia.

So I agree with Chris. If Canelo won't fight David than Munguia is the #2 guy. Hes notched a couple wins over guys more known, hes always in fun fights & he sells tickets. The all mexico battle throws a lil extra spice on this fight too.

Comment

Since Canelo is apparently never going to fight Benavidez , I don't care who he fights. I'm boycotting him until he fights Benavidez. Give the fans what we want or go suck a bag of dicks. I'm not giving you my PPV money to fight anyone but my first choice. The same goes for any other fighter too.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

The problem with Morrell is he hasn't done nothing. He gots to fight better guys. Guys ppl have heard of. Skill wise whos not impressed by him, but this is a business & if you got skills but cant sell tickets or at least got W's over some known guys you are all risk no reward. Thats the same boat my dude Boots is in. He looks like a bigger threat than he sells tickets for the threat he looks like. Any guy like that isn't gonna be in big fights til they go well past earning those big fights more often than not.

And apparently Canelo is either peeing on himself over Benavidez or David being a small PPV level guy with a few W's over guys ppl have heard of isn't enough value for Canelo to fight him. So obviously Morrell would come up short as the best opp vs a guy like Munguia.

So I agree with Chris. If Canelo won't fight David then Munguia is the #2 guy. Hes notched a couple wins over guys more known, hes always in fun fights & he sells tickets. The all mexico battle throws a lil extra spice on this fight too.
                No sir, I can’t let you get away with that. Yldirim was in no way deserving a shot while Morell is not. Enough of this “what does he bring to the table” jazz, that’s an excuse fighters, teams, and fans use to justify ducking and it needs to be exposed. Morrel is the so called “regular” champion, to canelo’s so called “super” champion. There is no excuse rather than fear to duck him. If his name was Frtiz Van Winkle from Rotterdam with a 23-4 w/ 11 KOs record and represented by matchroom Canelo would fight him. I’ve had enough of fan protection of Canelo.
                garfios garfios pnut901 pnut901 like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                  Yeah right he beats him with ease and be dissed for fighting someone who has had 10 fights and fought no one. Algieri is right Mungaui is the 2nd best option

Comment

Let's not try and justify any of this. Benevidez or Morrell should be next and the other should follow in the following fight. It shouldn't be Canelos choice whilst he has the belts.
                    pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X