Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chris Algieri's School Of Thought: If It Can't Be Benavidez, Then Munguia Is The Best Opponent For Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe Canelo will beat him but go easy on him because he's Mexican. Not likely Munguia can hurt Canelo.

Comment

Algieri should stop coming off as a cheerleader for Canelo. And he should not be justifying a potential Canelo-Berlanga fight in September in any way, shape or form - and particularly not by saying how it will earn Canelo another big check. Crawford is the same height as Canelo and has a longer reach - that fight would not be the total mismatch people like Algieri want to spin it to be. That’s the real reason why Canelo doesn’t want to fight Benavidez OR Crawford.

Comment

But it CAN be Benavidez. That’s the thing. Let’s not go any further than this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

No sir, I can’t let you get away with that. Yldirim was in no way deserving a shot while Morell is not. Enough of this “what does he bring to the table” jazz, that’s an excuse fighters, teams, and fans use to justify ducking and it needs to be exposed. Morrel is the so called “regular” champion, to canelo’s so called “super” champion. There is no excuse rather than fear to duck him. If his name was Frtiz Van Winkle from Rotterdam with a 23-4 w/ 11 KOs record and represented by matchroom Canelo would fight him. I’ve had enough of fan protection of Canelo.

Ouch. This guy spitting facts. If Benavidez name was Liam Neeson or Shelby Wellington the fight would have BEEN MADE.

i could give Alvarez a pass until that 93/7 split was accepted by Benavidez. after that, really what can even his most hardcore fans say ? He ducking cuh.

Last edited by JLC; 03-18-2024, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pnut901 View Post
            Since Canelo is apparently never going to fight Benavidez , I don't care who he fights. I'm boycotting him until he fights Benavidez. Give the fans what we want or go suck a bag of dicks. I'm not giving you my PPV money to fight anyone but my first choice. The same goes for any other fighter too.
            That's right! It's been said by some Canelo fan girls that he doesn't owe us anything. Well, we SAF don't owe him our money to watch him fight whatever cherry-pick he chooses either!
            pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

I agree with many things with Chris opinion but he's forgetting the one person with the least amount of fights may be the best dammm fighter in the weight class whom not even Benavidez want to see and that's David Morrell. Is it because he's Cuban from that great background of slick boxers or is it because he has it all and seem to be unbeatable, but at least give him his props, dammmmmmmmmmmmm!
              garfios garfios likes this.

Comment

Terence Crawford was the fourth opponent he was regularly linked with. Crawford is the best fighter in the world today, but I don’t think any true followers of boxing wanted to see them fight.​
                Agreed, Chris. Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post
                  But it CAN be Benavidez. That’s the thing. Let’s not go any further than this.
                  Can and should.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing 112 View Post

Yeah right he beats him with ease and be dissed for fighting someone who has had 10 fights and fought no one. Algieri is right Mungaui is the 2nd best option
                    He won't beat him, period. Do you think that benavidez would be running from a guy that he can beat easily? And canelo is running away from benavidez.

Comment

Canelo already fighting Mungia ,that a fact so the rest of the division tops should fight/eliminate each other for next title shot contention, no more fighting journeymans and gatekeepers tm while waiting for the ginger in their comfort zone. C'mon now.

Comment

Working...
                      X