Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How big or small is the demand for the Crawford vs Ennis fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drablj View Post
    ennis can be for crawford what azumah nelson is for salvador sanchez. crawford and ennis are top2 welterweights in my opinion. those are the only 2 reasons i care about. if those are not enough for "fans", i don't know why they watch boxing at all.
    He was offered the fight but people keep pretending that didn't happen. Crawford has moved him. The pastures are real green at 154 with legendary fights for Ennis' generation but he is going to stay at 147 and fight no one.

Ennis vs Ortiz Jr
    Ennis vs Tim T
    Ennis vs Mendoza or Ramos Jr

He is going to stay right at 147 and cry about Benn and Haney and wait till the coast is clear to move up (when most of those guys have been beaten or moved to 160)

Mark my words!.

Comment

Originally posted by hhh1200 View Post

He was offered the fight but people keep pretending that didn't happen. Crawford has moved him. The pastures are real green at 154 with legendary fights for Ennis' generation but he is going to stay at 147 and fight no one.

Ennis vs Ortiz Jr
      Ennis vs Tim T
      Ennis vs Mendoza or Ramos Jr

He is going to stay right at 147 and cry about Benn and Haney and wait till the coast is clear to move up (when most of those guys have been beaten or moved to 160)

Mark my words!.
      i personally don't pretend that some things didn't happen. however they are still top2 in my opinion and i want that top2 in every division fight every year. i don't care about their names or nationalities. it's the same reason i want canelo - benavidez.

if crawford is not motivated to fight any of these available guys (canelo won't fight him) he should retire. it doesn't matter if only money motivates him (which isn't on the table) or if there's no fire anymore, anybody without motivation should retire. no hate! i would be totally fine with that decision. crawford is old and there would always be someone new and young. i wouldn't consider that a duck and crawford isn't a coward.

obviously i don't know and i won't pretend to know how ennis' career would progress. he has 5-10 more years in the sport. that is enough for a lot of big fight or nothing notable. we'll see. yeah ennis' resume is nothing special but everybody else has a weak one too. when everybody's trash at something, it's enough to be average to be the best. you don't have to be fantastic.
      real raw real raw dan-b dan-b like this.

Comment

Boxing fans would obviously watch this but this wouldn't be a big sell at all. Crawford (deservedly so) wants bigger fights that bring risk and money. Boots is moderate risk / low reward. How are you 30 fights into your career without fighting for a World title and or fighting anyone of true merit and you haven't fought since July?!?!

I still think Boots needs to move up to 154. Welterweight for the 1st time in a long while is a ****in ghost town.

Comment

Crawford isn't exactly well known to the public unless you are a hardcore boxing fan. Likely due to his low activity.

Comment

Only Ennis can make it bigger. Unfortunately, he's too dry as salted fish left exposed in the scorching heat of the sun for preservation. Seems he's too timid to confront Bud face to face, stalk him wherever he goes... you know, things desperate fighters do when they want a fight.

Comment

It is a big fight in terms of competitiveness but is small in terms of revenue.

In all fairness though, Boots would be Crawford's second best fight after Spence really. In all his resume, only Spence is likely the better opponent. So the aspect of fighting Boots isn't that big of a drop off.

He's lined up Eubanks Jr. what casuals outside of England know who he is/ That fight could only do numbers if the UK citizens decide they are up for it. Oh well though.

Comment

Decent amount. Like the stupidass spencerina fangirls that jumped ship sure are making some noise. But booty ennis has showed he doesn't want it.

Comment

Such a great fighter but I can't think of anyone I'd stay up to 5 a.m. to watch him fight other than Canelo. Unless he bashed up Eubank Jr and Benn in Saudi or the Uk .. which he might as well.

He must be looking to get some easy dough now.
                  Last edited by Sparked_26; 03-18-2024, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Tough to say.

I would lean that Crawford is not much in demand.

I personally think him not capitalizing on that Spence win (considering contract and personal reasons he may have had) and getting a fight with Ennis or Tszyu a few months later has made his sudden increase in popularity start to fade.

Boxing is very much a what have you done for me lately sport and any boxer that pulls off a string of big or great wins can easily start to take some of the spotlight away from Crawford.

Comment

PBC is the only one that's been expected to make this fight happen. They decide whether it's big or small. It's their money that will be gambled on. Fans have no influence on what fights are made in this sport whatever the size they think any fight is.

Comment

Working...
                      X