Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch Has No Recollection Of Career-Changing Victory Over Taylor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best fighter that had come from the Brits in years. Backed up his talk and for a while had a resume filled with top fighters in a streak. I never saw him in a boring fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRobb View Post

Usyk made Daniel Doo-Doo quit on his knees. How did that make you feel, little man? The number of champs from the UK has dwindled to almost zero. Maybe Carl Froch or Slappy Joe will come out of retirement. Bwahahahahahaha!
      Usyk was the only one on his knees for well over the 10 count. Dubois got up at 9. Unless you think anyone who goes down and gets up now is a quitter?

Come on now Rob. Haven't you been made to look stupid too many times already by me? You want to continue this? You even came up with some weird comment last week where Crolla and the likes were supposedly protected. You didn't tell me by whom. You ran away instead.

The only slapping going on with Joe was the steady stream of Americans whose chops got clapped repeatedly by him. Behave yourself.

Comment

he doesnt remember so lets all gaslight him and tell him he lost

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

Usyk was the only one on his knees for well over the 10 count. Dubois got up at 9. Unless you think anyone who goes down and gets up now is a quitter?

Come on now Rob. Haven't you been made to look stupid too many times already by me? You want to continue this? You even came up with some weird comment last week where Crolla and the likes were supposedly protected. You didn't tell me by whom. You ran away instead.

The only slapping going on with Joe was the steady stream of Americans whose chops got clapped repeatedly by him. Behave yourself.
          Slappy Joe barely eked by 91 year old B-Hop and wouldn't fight Roy until he was damaged goods and aging.

Usyk was on his knees because Daniel Doo-Doo punched him in the nuts. Daniel Doo-Doo stayed on his knees because he was looking for a way out and quit.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRobb View Post

Slappy Joe barely eked by 91 year old B-Hop and wouldn't fight Roy until he was damaged goods and aging.

Usyk was on his knees because Daniel Doo-Doo punched him in the nuts. Daniel Doo-Doo stayed on his knees because he was looking for a way out and quit.
            Calzaghe didn't just face Hopkins and Jones. However, Joe wanted to face them years earlier but they refused. That's on them. Nothing Joe could have done. But Hopkins was still at the top of his game at that point. I saw Joe as looking more past it than he was. Although Jones was clearly past it more than Joe was.

Usyk wasn't hit in the nuts. It was half and half. That's legal. Dubois was tired and feeling lethargic, but he did in fact get up at 9. That's a cold hard fact. You can't quit if you get up in time.

Comment

Calzaghe didn't just face Hopkins and Jones. However, Joe wanted to face them years earlier but they refused. That's on them. Nothing Joe could have done. But Hopkins was still at the top of his game at that point. I saw Joe as looking more past it than he was. Although Jones was clearly past it more than Joe was.

Usyk wasn't hit in the nuts. It was half and half. That's legal. Dubois was tired and feeling lethargic, but he did in fact get up at 9. That's a cold hard fact. You can't quit if you get up in time.
              calzaghe wanted no part of jones. he said that himself. "But I know my capabilities and unless I got paid the crown jewels I wouldn't want to risk it."​ hopkins ducked harry simon as well since he was part of the deal. maybe calzaghe would have fought teh smaller hopkins moving up in weight but i dont see that as being especially brave.

its not legal if you hit a guy half in the nuts and half not in the nuts. anything below the line is illegal. key word being anything. you are rarely going to have a punch that is 100 percent to the nuts unless you are watching a ward or golota fight.
              BlackRobb BlackRobb likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post

calzaghe wanted no part of jones. he said that himself. "But I know my capabilities and unless I got paid the crown jewels I wouldn't want to risk it."​ hopkins ducked harry simon as well since he was part of the deal. maybe calzaghe would have fought teh smaller hopkins moving up in weight but i dont see that as being especially brave.

its not legal if you hit a guy half in the nuts and half not in the nuts. anything below the line is illegal. key word being anything. you are rarely going to have a punch that is 100 percent to the nuts unless you are watching a ward or golota fight.
                Calzaghe made that comment about the crown jewels when he was having injury problems earlier in his title reign. It was even at a point when it looked like Warren may drop him due to them. But he had a make or break performance against Sheika and it was full steam ahead. When negotiating with Jones later on, Jones priced himself out. He asked for 10 Mill.

Hopkins asked for 3 Mill and the fight to be in the US. It was accepted. But he came back less than 24 hours later and asked for 6 Mill. I guess he thought 3 Mill was enough to price himself out with. Well, no, it wasn't. Hopkins looked like a wally. This was a separate deal to the one offered in a 3 fight deal that included Simon.

Hopkins is the same size and Joe. They have the same height and structure. He was just super disciplined when it came to making Middle.

Who was Joe supposed to meet then? He was being ducked by all the other title holders. Fighting a great fighter and the undisputed Middleweight champion is the kind of move you make if you're serious about being a great yourself.

When i said half and half. I meant half on the body with the other half being on the top of his waistband. Not one inch of the punch hit his nuts. Usyk knew it too. He should have been counted.

Comment

Calzaghe made that comment about the crown jewels when he was having injury problems earlier in his title reign. It was even at a point when it looked like Warren may drop him due to them. But he had a make or break performance against Sheika and it was full steam ahead. When negotiating with Jones later on, Jones priced himself out. He asked for 10 Mill.

Hopkins asked for 3 Mill and the fight to be in the US. It was accepted. But he came back less than 24 hours later and asked for 6 Mill. I guess he thought 3 Mill was enough to price himself out with. Well, no, it wasn't. Hopkins looked like a wally. This was a separate deal to the one offered in a 3 fight deal that included Simon.

Hopkins is the same size and Joe. They have the same height and structure. He was just super disciplined when it came to making Middle.

Who was Joe supposed to meet then? He was being ducked by all the other title holders. Fighting a great fighter and the undisputed Middleweight champion is the kind of move you make if you're serious about being a great yourself.

When i said half and half. I meant half on the body with the other half being on the top of his waistband. Not one inch of the punch hit his nuts. Usyk knew it too. He should have been counted.
                  dont know where you are getting this information from but the timeline is quite clear. the quotes make it clear that calzaghe wanted no part of prime jones.

"I'm not chasing after Roy Jones. Be honest, Roy Jones is a good fighter and I don't want tough fights, I just want big money."
                  Joe Calzaghe, 1999

"I could probably give Jones a tough fight, probably the best fight he's ever had," said Calzaghe. "But I know my capabilities and unless I got paid the crown jewels I wouldn't want to risk it."
                  Joe Calzaghe 2003

jones' prime ended in 2004 and calzaghe was ducking him until at least 2003 so what you are saying makes no sense. you dont publicly duck a guy but secretly try to fight him behind the scenes. you do the opposite and call guys out then secretly duck them behind the scenes.

calzaghe's career was clearly not full steam ahead after sheika. sheika fight was in 2000 and he toiled away in relative obscurity until 2006 fighing nobodies or contenders coming off losses: reid, woodhall, brewer, mitchell. his first true step up was lacy who was not very good in reality but he at least had hype. the contention that calzaghe wanted big fights just doesnt pass the smell test. his own promoter said he lied about being scared of flying and his own promoter said he ducked glen johnson so i dont see how calzaghe would have fought jones if he was scared of glen johnson?

never heard of any of the other guys ducking calzaghe. calzaghe didnt seem to have any interest in fighting them and vice versa. it was a mutual thing where everyone prospered by fighting bums and also-rans. never seen any solid offers that they turned down from calzaghe because none were made. im sure warren would have mentioned that at some point? he never has to my knowledge. but i have seen offers calzaghe has turned down, cancelled fights, tried to fight guys like freeman barr etc...evidence seems pretty overwhelming that he was content with his easy fights until the last 2 years of his career.

hopkins and calzaghe were not the same size though. especially in 2002 when the deal was being negotiated. hopkins was at 160 and calzaghe at 168. hence not the same size. you dont determine size by height. fundora and wilder are about the same height. they arent the same size.

i agree the punch did not hit his nuts but that is not what determines if a punch is low. i would have been fine with it being called a legit shot but i also understand it being called low. it was that close. same thing happened vs joshua so its a big concerning.
                  Last edited by daggum; 03-29-2024, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Joe wanted no parts of Roy in his prime. He waited for the faded, old version that was left after Tarver KO'd him.

Go research how Slappy Joe twice pulled out of fights with Glenn Johnson. One was in London when Joe said he was going through martial problems. The fact of the matter is that Slappy was a protected coward with a padded record. The link proving my point is below.

https://www.espn.com/sports/boxing/n...ory?id=2466229

Dubois QUIT. There was nothing wrong with him physically, but he checked out mentally.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post

dont know where you are getting this information from but the timeline is quite clear. the quotes make it clear that calzaghe wanted no part of prime jones.

"I'm not chasing after Roy Jones. Be honest, Roy Jones is a good fighter and I don't want tough fights, I just want big money."
                      Joe Calzaghe, 1999

"I could probably give Jones a tough fight, probably the best fight he's ever had," said Calzaghe. "But I know my capabilities and unless I got paid the crown jewels I wouldn't want to risk it."
                      Joe Calzaghe 2003

jones' prime ended in 2004 and calzaghe was ducking him until at least 2003 so what you are saying makes no sense. you dont publicly duck a guy but secretly try to fight him behind the scenes. you do the opposite and call guys out then secretly duck them behind the scenes.

calzaghe's career was clearly not full steam ahead after sheika. sheika fight was in 2000 and he toiled away in relative obscurity until 2006 fighing nobodies or contenders coming off losses: reid, woodhall, brewer, mitchell. his first true step up was lacy who was not very good in reality but he at least had hype. the contention that calzaghe wanted big fights just doesnt pass the smell test. his own promoter said he lied about being scared of flying and his own promoter said he ducked glen johnson so i dont see how calzaghe would have fought jones if he was scared of glen johnson?

never heard of any of the other guys ducking calzaghe. calzaghe didnt seem to have any interest in fighting them and vice versa. it was a mutual thing where everyone prospered by fighting bums and also-rans. never seen any solid offers that they turned down from calzaghe because none were made. im sure warren would have mentioned that at some point? he never has to my knowledge. but i have seen offers calzaghe has turned down, cancelled fights, tried to fight guys like freeman barr etc...evidence seems pretty overwhelming that he was content with his easy fights until the last 2 years of his career.

hopkins and calzaghe were not the same size though. especially in 2002 when the deal was being negotiated. hopkins was at 160 and calzaghe at 168. hence not the same size. you dont determine size by height. fundora and wilder are about the same height. they arent the same size.

i agree the punch did not hit his nuts but that is not what determines if a punch is low. i would have been fine with it being called a legit shot but i also understand it being called low. it was that close. same thing happened vs joshua so its a big concerning.
                      Show me the source of these quotes? This was said when he had a load of injuries way back before he fought Sheika. I even have the interview in Boxing Monthly magazine. But not only that, it was taken out of context. You need to read the entire interview. Not just bits here and there with the quote online without any sources.

Roy asked for 10 Mill to fight shutting negotiations down completely. But he also said he'd fight Joe in 2000 at SM. But after going deep into it, Jones changed his mind and Joe fought Ritchie Woodhall instead. There is even an interview before that fight with Joe's dad and sky with Enzo asking sky not to talk about that coward as he was supposed to be the one in the opposite corner but he ran instead. Sorry, but you're making all this up. I don't know what it is with Joe, but you seem to lose all sense of reality with him. Not only that, but you're getting it horribly wrong with many things too. You even said Bradley didn't duck Khan. Yes, he did. In embarrassing fashion.

I asked who was willing to face Joe who had a title? Joe just took those that would get in the ring with him. If you think he ducked, give the opponent he ducked and the time the fight should have happened?

Joe does have a fear of flying. That is a fact. But he was willing to fly if it made sense to. He even flew over to the US for the promotion of the Brewer fight.

Warren always got b1tchy when someone left him. Anyone who knows Warren knows this. The reason to why the Johnson fight didn't happen at that time was due to Joe having a broken hand. The fact you think he could fight the likes of Eubank, Reid, Hopkins, Lacy, Kessler but not Johnson, is absurd. Johnson lost to every world class fighter at Middle and SM that he had. He has a few good wins at LH, but nothing that would have anyone duck him. It just didn't work out due to an injury. Nothing more.

Calzaghe tried to fight many fighters. Hopkins, Jones, they offered to fight Ottke in Germany but they turned around and said they weren't interested. They offered Mitchell more money for a unification than he got for the Ottke fight but he saw Sven as clearly the lesser fighter. It was only after losing a close one did he come back to the table and agree to fight Joe. That isn't Joe's fault.

Freeman Barr???? Joe doesn't control mandatories. What is actually your problem here? This is too bizarre. It's like you actually want to hate him for some strange reason. There's a strong emotion there. What is it? I know it's something.

I clearly said Hopkins has the same frame as Joe. he was just disciplined so could boil down and make Middle.

Comment

Working...
                      X