Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch Has No Recollection Of Career-Changing Victory Over Taylor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Froch Has No Recollection Of Career-Changing Victory Over Taylor

Carl Froch can't remember his dramatic and celebrated victory over Jermain Taylor. Much of his reputation as one of Britain's finest ever fighters was built on the way that on that night in 2009 he recovered from a third-round knockdown to so dramatically stop the respected Taylor in the 12th and final round. His victory that night at Foxwoods Resort, Mashantucket - also the occasion of his first fight in the US - provided the platform for his admirable run to the final of the Super Six, which in turn contributed to his induction in 2023 into the International Boxing Hall of Fame, but the knockdown he suffered that night means that it has become a "blur".
    [Click Here To Read More]

Warrior….

Comment

As a person Froch seems a bit of a tool but as fighter there's no denying he was tough as nails and a warrior

Comment

I tend to feel that a lot of British fighters from the past couple of eras were overrated and not really tough mentally or willing to take on the best challenges. That belief does not apply to Froch. That guy came to fight and didn’t care who it was. The beating have gave Bute was awesome.

Comment

I'll remind him , You were there Carl , at Wembley, in front of 80 THOUSAND screaming fans.........

Comment

Great fighter. One of the few Brit stars who was never protected. The Pascal win was a big one, but the Bute TKO was much bigger because it came as a 3:1 underdog.
            El_Mero El_Mero _Rexy_ _Rexy_ like this.

Comment

Originally posted by pnut901 View Post
              I'll remind him , You were there Carl , at Wembley, in front of 80 THOUSAND screaming fans.........
              The Taylor fight was in Connecticut. You might be confusing it with the Bute fight.
              El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Froch was a heck of a fighter, tough as teak. He fought everyone who was willing to fight him, won most times.

Old school toughness.
                Last edited by Liondw; 03-17-2024, 04:07 PM.

Comment

I always liked Froch

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRobb View Post

The Taylor fight was in Connecticut. You might be confusing it with the Bute fight.
                    Bute wasn't at Wembley either, that was in Nottingham.

Comment

Working...
                    X