Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo Alvarez Comes Up With a New Excuse to Defend Himself on Why's He's Not Ducking Benavidez Now That He Can't Use the I Don't Want to Fight Mexicans Anymore: "I'm the King, I Do Whatever I Want!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El_Maldito_Rey View Post

Illiterate Cuban doesn’t know simple math. You stupid simpleton.
    I'm telling you, you are going to get sick with all this advocating. He doesn't deserve your loyalty nor your passion for him, unless he's paying you and in this case ask for a raise, the guy has let everyone down, including his detractors, never in my life I thought he would do such blatant refusal nor go back in his word, well the guy doesn't have a pinch of honour. Be safe and check your blood pressure once or twice a day, especially before going to bed.
    El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Imagine if a King bowed down to everyone who called out his name

A lion cares not about what sheep have to say.

''Plant !''

Comment

Originally posted by El_Maldito_Rey View Post

no, but according to everyone, the ducking begins at the point of someone winning a belt, so the 2 1/2 years was being generous to Inoue. The duck was probably longer than that. There was no moving up, Fulton had his belt for years.
        I was getting confused trying to figure out where the heck 2.5 years came from. My guess is that Fulton won his first belt at 122 on January 2021 against Leo. He fought Inoue at 122 on July 2023, which I guess is 2.5 years after Fulton first won a belt at 122.

The question is though if this guy thinks that Inoue and Fulton were fighting in the same division in 2022 and prior or something? Back in January 2021 Inoue was an unified champion at 118. He went undisputed on December 2022, and at the same time received the WBO super champion which allowed him to get ranked Number 1 in WBO for the next division up if the champion requests. On January 2023, Inoue officially vacated all his 118 belts to move up to 122 as number one WBO, and on July 2023 he fought Fulton on his first match at 122.

Calling that a 2.5 years of duck by Inoue is the equivalent craziness of calling Canelo having ducked Bivol for 6 years from May 2016 when Bivol first got the interim title which later got elevated to full title until May 2022 when Canelo lost to Bivol. Or, claiming that he is continuing to duck Beterbiev for over 6 years and counting from Nov 2017 when Beterbiev first won a belt at 175.

Comment

Originally posted by HungryLionCharlo View Post
          Terence Crawford Comes Up With a New Excuse to Defend Himself on Why's He's Not Ducking Boots: "I'm the King, I Do Whatever I Want!"
          Huh - still works when you just change names. Fancy that

Comment

Originally posted by 100million View Post
            Well he is telling the truth. Canelo's is getting paíd a ton of money for a fight nobody wants. So good for him , that's
            a smart bussines move.
            It's true. And props for all he achieved, but my only 2 questions at this point...

1. How long until he just goes away and boxing can move on? (And all the other fighters anywhere near his weight will just have to fight other contenders instead of constantly dreaming of and shamelessly begging for Canelo paydays.)

2. What will boxing be after he's gone? Will boxing go back to fighters fighting or move on to an even worse state?

Comment

Tomorrow is the press conference. Looking forward to Canelo's excuses. I expect we will hear the same prepared script of him listing all the fighters he has previously fought, as some kind of evidence he's not scared to fight David. The problem is he's proved he's scared of David by sitting in that press conference with Mungia instead of David.

Comment

Boos Nelo is king.... boo...

Comment

Originally posted by Elheath View Post
                  I was getting confused trying to figure out where the heck 2.5 years came from. My guess is that Fulton won his first belt at 122 on January 2021 against Leo. He fought Inoue at 122 on July 2023, which I guess is 2.5 years after Fulton first won a belt at 122.

The question is though if this guy thinks that Inoue and Fulton were fighting in the same division in 2022 and prior or something? Back in January 2021 Inoue was an unified champion at 118. He went undisputed on December 2022, and at the same time received the WBO super champion which allowed him to get ranked Number 1 in WBO for the next division up if the champion requests. On January 2023, Inoue officially vacated all his 118 belts to move up to 122 as number one WBO, and on July 2023 he fought Fulton on his first match at 122.

Calling that a 2.5 years of duck by Inoue is the equivalent craziness of calling Canelo having ducked Bivol for 6 years from May 2016 when Bivol first got the interim title which later got elevated to full title until May 2022 when Canelo lost to Bivol. Or, claiming that he (Bivol) is continuing to duck Beterbiev for over 6 years and counting from Nov 2017 when Beterbiev first won a belt at 175.
                  He has made that claim. It's purely mental gymnastics

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

He has made that claim. It's purely mental gymnastics
                    I actually meant that Canelo ducked Beterbiev for 6 years and counting, did he admit to that?

Comment

Originally posted by Elheath View Post
                      I actually meant that Canelo ducked Beterbiev for 6 years and counting, did he admit to that?
                      No, because he's a Canelo Stan, so he would never. But he DID used to claim that Beterbiev was ducking Canelo.

Comment

Working...
                      X