Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Michel Rivera Willing to Take a Fight on Subriel Matias' Home Turf

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rivera has been in the boxing business for a while now and he knows that promoters set the numbers, and not the fighters. He and his father have been talking mad **** about how he would have no problem f***ing Matias up. Instead of pointing to his decision win over a diminished Sergey Lipinets to legitimize himself, he should prove himself worthy of a shot against Matias with a fight against Ergashev, whom Subriel Matias stopped. That would serve as a true gauge of Rivera as a bonafide contender. If that fight were to occur, I don't think Rivera would fare so well. I think Ergashev would stop him, sending him to the back of the line. And the outcome if Rivera was to fight Matias, it wouldn't go the distance and it would shorten Rivera's career as a boxer.
    pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post
      The money issue is totally on the promoter Eddie Hearn, not on Subriel Matias, who's only job is to fight, not make negotiate purse's!
      What does Rivera mean Matias doesn't want serious challenges, he's already defeated 5 undefeated fighters, who could arguably beat Rivera!
      If they have to move the fight to New York, to offer a highly rated fighter a decent purse, then that's what they should do, and they better do it soon!
      I'm fairly certain that Matias and his team have weighed in heavily on the money topic. There is only so much money an event can generate, so that money has to be divided a certain way. Matias and his team certainly have a baseline purse that they demand. Like any other fighter Matias wants the biggest cut of the pie he can get. DAZN and Matchroom spoiled their clients for a time when they had money to burn, but fiscal reality is catching up to everyone now.

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Talk Radio View Post

Rivera was dominated by Frank Martin, looked like he didn't belong in that ring, and Frank Martin was later exposed as basic.

You can't demand decent money coming off of lackluster performances. And no, a decision win over an aging Lipinets doesn't cut it.

That fight is a one-sided sell; Matias would be doing all the work.
        It's not an excuse, but he drained himself horribly, and Derrick James knew that, from his previous fight. I think Rivera will be better at 140. If Ryan Garcia had beat Lipinets, (or Barraso), no one would be saying "aging..." The fight is tailor-made for NYC, MIA, or ORL! PR vs. DR! The audience will be lovely!!! TRUST!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Griever0730 View Post

On point. A PR vs DR battle in any of those 3 places will do big numbers for sure. If true tho, 80K is some real disrespectful ish. As avoided as he somewhat was before he won the belt, can't claim anybody avoiding him with low-ball offers like that. Hopefully, this gets made down here in MIA since most of the marquee names are tied up for the time being. Would definitely be a good scrap.
          I would rather Orlando! Better on my pockets! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            It's not an excuse, but he drained himself horribly, and Derrick James knew that, from his previous fight. I think Rivera will be better at 140. If Ryan Garcia had beat Lipinets, (or Barraso), no one would be saying "aging..." The fight is tailor-made for NYC, MIA, or ORL! PR vs. DR! The audience will be lovely!!! TRUST!!!
            O I believe you! NYC would be off da chain but 'ol Hearn knew it was no way they can offer someone 80k to fight in NYC. Shid 80k is what they would pay for a weekend at holiday Inn I the bronx haha

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              I would rather Orlando! Better on my pockets! LOL!
              Would love that too. The population of both etnicities is higher up there. Plus a nice little road trip won't hurt with everything else to do in the area.
              Bronx2245 Bronx2245 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by DClefthook View Post

O I believe you! NYC would be off da chain but 'ol Hearn knew it was no way they can offer someone 80k to fight in NYC. Shid 80k is what they would pay for a weekend at holiday Inn I the bronx haha
                $80K is a garbage offer for anywhere! Orlando would be good for the fighters because taxes are not an issue, like it is in NY!

Comment

Working...
                X