Collapse
No announcement yet.

AJ is good but....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, I don`t believe Fury beats Joshua. Fury has looked like garbage in his last 3 fights.

I think Joshua puts him to sleep.

Comment

I'm not a big fan of downplaying. I get it, I used to do it, it is rationalization and there is no good reason to hate a someone trying to be rational.

I did say in quite a few threads Fury has and does beat men he could destroy by just coasting past them and Joshua does not, Joshua will beat the **** out of a fool if given that juxta.

That is what happened and fair enough if it took Usyk to beat Joshua saying there is an improved Joshua because he steamrolled Franny is silly. Old Joshua on paper should still be able to do that to Franny, I get that.

Beating Franny says nothing about Fury and nothing about comparing Joshua today to Joshua a few years ago.

But, Joshua did well and did what he's meant to do so why not just don't piss on his party?

It's funny ... I used to be an AJ hater and hell even now I don't like the guy. I'll go for anyone over Joshua because Joshua's a dick, but, respect the game, respect the talent, and when a dude displays champion level skills, acknowledge he's a champion level fighter and respect that **** too. IMO.
      SugarDeanC*ntly SugarDeanC*ntly likes this.

Comment

Enough with this nonsense that Fury didn't train.
        BoxOfficer BoxOfficer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by automaton89 View Post
          Enough with this nonsense that Fury didn't train.
          He came in almost 20 pounds heavier than the Wilder fight....Unless eating doughnuts is considered training

Comment

Originally posted by takenotes View Post

He came in almost 20 pounds heavier than the Wilder fight....Unless eating doughnuts is considered training
            says on my computer fury was 277 for ngannou and 277 for wilder III

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
              A motivated Fury is a bum whose only significant career achievement is beating a 40 year old Wlad in one of the top 3 worst fights in HW history.

AJ will definitely destroy him.
              Yes because aj going 10 rounds with an actual bum coming off a ko loss in the 1st round in helenius is tremendous feat
              fifth_root fifth_root likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post
                i dont think fury can beat aj or it will be a tough match for him... because even tho you can say that fury didnt take the fight serious against francis, etc... the fact that most people thought that francis won should tell us all we need to know about fury... fury should have still been able to beat francis with ease with very little training but that didnt happen so that tells us that fury is not that good.
                Fury is still the man to beat. Let's not act like Fury hasn't came back from worse and dominate an opponent people claimed was the scariest thing with gloves on. And he did it 3x. AJ did open the opportunity to suggest he still deserves a shot at a big payday vs top opposition.

Both he and Wilder are still trying to market themselves as go-to fighters for big paydays

Comment

Originally posted by Str8.2.Da.Point View Post

Fury is still the man to beat. Let's not act like Fury hasn't came back from worse and dominate an opponent people claimed was the scariest thing with gloves on. And he did it 3x. AJ did open the opportunity to suggest he still deserves a shot at a big payday vs top opposition.

Both he and Wilder are still trying to market themselves as go-to fighters for big paydays
                  that's what i am saying.. people was holding wilder to such a high standard that when fury beat him, fury was looked at as a god on here when in fact, wilder wasnt even all that good. fury is a good boxer but he's not as good as what his fans is claiming him out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by takenotes View Post
                    Let's not get carried away by his win over Ngannou. He did what Fury was supposed do except he actually trained and came in prepared. However I think AJ/Usyk 3 is a tossup due to Usyk's age. A motivated Fury beats AJ like he did Wlad.

Thoughts or am I wrong here?
                    I don't get this 'what Fury was supposed to do if he was prepared'.

He was prepared, he said it himself. As prepared as he was v Wilder at least. Styles make fights and Fury just didn't have the power to hurt Francis. He also falls in flat when throws a right hand, perfect for that check left hook.

Everything else is just guesswork. There is no evidence Fury could do what AJ did. But thats fine, he doesn’t box the same way.
                    Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

I still don't think AJ's position in boxing changes 1 bit from what he did here.

This was a money grab fight which worked out incredible for AJ. Not only how easy he made it look, he did what he was supposed to. He at least respect Ngannou in that he took the fight seriously (unlike Mr. Fury) and showed immediately the difference between someone that shows up (and has power) vs someone who thought he would automatically beat Ngannou because of his own level in the sport (without needing to train for it).

As far as where it puts Joshua in boxing terms, why should this fight matter? He just beat a guy whose had 2 professional fights, 2 professional losses now.
                      shwaap shwaap likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X