Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Canelo-Chavez Debate, Weigh-Ins, Fake Beef, Tyson-Paul

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garfios View Post

He was saved by the judges against Lara, after that fight he didn't took any more risks until he faced ggg, and he was on peds.
    No. Lara ran that entire fight. It was boring and pathetic. You just ignore body work. But he was hitting Lara with some mean body blows. TV didn't show the in-between rounds of Lara corner working on his body and the pain in Lara's face. Judges saw that also. You did NOT!
    ShoulderRoll ShoulderRoll likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      I’d love to see a return to same day weigh-ins.

Fight in your natural weight class or else your health should be put at risk, just like you are putting the health of others at risk by being a weight bully.
      100% agree.

I also think in very close fights announce the score if close say like round 11 or 12. But only if it is close to a draw... Then see who wants that W more!

Comment

He was saved by the judges against Lara, after that fight he didn't took any more risks until he faced ggg, and he was on peds.
        You can tell a casual fan like you when they call close fights robberies.

SMH..

Mayweather and Jones Jr. In the Olympics was robberies. So was Romero vs. That old man was one also.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post

You can tell a casual fan like you when they call close fights robberies.

SMH..

Mayweather and Jones Jr. In the Olympics was robberies. So was Romero vs. That old man was one also.
          It wasn't pretty but it wasn't close. Keep thinking that I'm a casual that pays for garbage fights, or follow frauds and cowards like yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post

No. Lara ran that entire fight. It was boring and pathetic. You just ignore body work. But he was hitting Lara with some mean body blows. TV didn't show the in-between rounds of Lara corner working on his body and the pain in Lara's face. Judges saw that also. You did NOT!
            Body work? Hitting elbows and air, pain in Lara's face? GTFO you're a fanboy. I saw a lot of frustration and the swollen face of canelo, check the post-fight press conference, and noticed who had shades on.
            Last edited by garfios; 03-11-2024, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Feroz View Post
              I agree with Edward's point that Chavez top wins were closer to top condition compared to Canelo's. Without stipulations to boot.

I think Julio also beat more consistent quality opposition aswell although they aren't all comparable to beating a HOF or ATG fighters like a GGG or Lara.

Chavez holds records for most successful consecutive defenses of world titles (27), most title fights (37), most title-fight victories (31), and he is tied with Joe Louis for most title defenses won by knockout (21).

Chavez prime opposition against ranked opponents and champions was:

-Mario "Azabache" Martinez (33-1-2) (19 years old) (Mexico)
              -Ruben Castillo (60-4-2) (26 years old) (United States)
              -Roger Mayweather X2 (21-2)(34-5) (23>27 years old) (United States) (HOF) (Champion at 130 WBA and 140 WBC)
              -Rocky Lockridge (38-4) (27 years old) (Puerto Rico) (WBA Champion at 130)
              -Juan Laporte (27-6) (26 years old) (Puerto Rico) (WBC Champion at 126)
              -Francisco Tomas Da Cruz (27-1) (26 years old) (Brazil)
              -Edwin Rosario (31-2) (24 years old) (Puerto Rico)(ATG) (WBA Champion at 135-140)
              -Rodolfo Aguilar (20-0) (24 years old) (United States)
              -Jose Luis Ramirez (101-6) (29 years old) (Mexico) (HOF) (WBC Champion 135)
              -Alberto Cortes (44-0) (26 years old) (Argentina)
              -Meldrick Taylor (24-0-1) (23 years old) (United States) (HOF?) (Champion IBF at 140 and WBA at 147)
              -Kyung Duk Ahn (29-1) (23 years old) (South Korea)
              -John Duplessis (36-1) (24 years old) (United States)
              -Lonnie Smith (28-3-1) (28 years old) (United States) (WBC Champion at 140)
              -Angel Hernandez (37-0-2) (31 years old) (Mexico)
              -Frankie Mitchell (29-1) (33 years old) (United States)
              -Hector Camacho (40-1) (30 years old) (Puerto Rico) (HOF) (Champion at 130 and 135 WBC, WBO Champion at 140)
              -Marty Jakubowski (37-0) (23 years old) (United States)
              -Greg Haugen (32-4) (32 years old) (United States) (HOF) (Champion at 135 IBF and 140 WBO)

-Pernell Whitaker (32-1) (29 years old) (United States) (ATG) (Champion at 135,140, 147 and 154.)
              -Andy Holligan (21-0) (26 years old) (UK)
              -Tony Lopez (45-4-1) (31 years old) (United States) (Champion at 130 IBF and 140 WBA.)

-Frankie Randall X2 (48-2-1)(49-2-1) (32 years old) (Champion at 140 three times, held WBA and WBC titles)
              -Giovanni Parisi (29-1) (27 years old) (Italy) (Gold Olympian at 126 in 1988 and competed at 135-147)
              -David Kamau (26-0) (30 years old) (Republic of Kenya)
              -Terrence Alli (52-7-2) (32 years old) (United States)
              -Scott Walker (21-3-1) (27 years old) (United States)

-Oscar De La Hoya X2 (21-0)(28-0) (23>25 years old) (United States) (ATG) (Champion at 130, 135, 140, 147, 154 and 160)
              -Joey Gamache (45-2) (30 years old) (United States) (WBA Champion at 130)
              -Miguel Angel Gonzalez (42-1) (27 years old) (Mexico) (WBC Champion at 135)
              -Ken Sigurani (22-1) (25 years old) (United States)
              -Kostya Tszyu (24-1) (31 years old) (Australia/Russia) (HOF) (Champion at 140 with WBC and IBF titles.)
              Hard to read but thanks for the input
              El Escorpion Feroz likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kpmaryland View Post

Hard to read but thanks for the input
                Thanks, though what would make it easier to read? Too much compacted info or is it the texts being highlighted?

Also do you agree with Edward's that Canelo has surpassed Zarate and Morales? Me I am not sure if he has done so with "El Terrible".

Comment

Shoulder Roll

Mexico has a bunch of decent fighters right now. Like they almost always do.

Navarrete, Venado Lopez, William Zepeda, Rafael Espinoza who just stopped Mr. 2 Olympic gold medals Robeisy Ramirez…just to mention a few. There are more but that’s just off the top of my head.​

I don't think you followed my comments. Navarette is the perfect example. Big, strong, throws 1,000 punches every round. Name me one Mexican boxer that uses head movement, upper body feints, a jab, they're called skills. Navarette wouldn't know a boxing skill if it bit him.

Comment

Body work? Hitting elbows and air, pain in Lara's face? GTFO you're a fanboy. I saw a lot of frustration and the swollen face of canelo, check the post-fight press conference, and noticed who had shades on.
                    And your a 100% hater. LMFAO you thinking Lara vs. Canelo wasn't close just tells me all I need to know. Just don't gamble. They ain't gonna accept your crayon colored scorecard WHEN you lose. You might lose more than just $$$$ even trying that non sense...

YDKSAB.

Comment

It wasn't pretty but it wasn't close. Keep thinking that I'm a casual that pays for garbage fights, or follow frauds and cowards like yourself.
                      I don't think you pay at all for fights and just use piss poor illegal streams on a 10" monitor. Yeah, I guess if you squint your eyes watching it like that and with all the stream freezing/pixelization you probably would call every fight a "Robbery"

Comment

Working...
                      X