No announcement yet.

Zhang vs parker is the biggest robbery in boxing in the last decade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post

It means that you have a lesser vocabulary than autists. Simple as that.

ok incel. U win

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
      incel
      Now, where did you learn this one?

Just kidding. You're funny.

Comment

I feel that after having beaten Hrgovic, Joyce (twice) and Parker, 30% of the top ten, Zhang can be pegged as robbery prone.
        The fight was very close, and Zhang was very conservative; But Parker did not enough himself to offset the knockdowns.

Zhang got jobbed again.

If Boxing was a single entity for major events like the UFC, those judges would have had instructions to help build the brand by tossing those too close to call rounds over to the 65 million Chinese watching.

That's boxing for ya.
        Shoot yourself in the foot.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post

No, in fact. Just a consideration.

Look, this is more of a case of Zhang having thrown away a win than anything else. I agree with you that scoring a fight should go beyond the surface, but the reality is that the judges saw what many people saw. Namely, a well-trained athlete who recovered from two knockdowns and was generally more active against a big fat man who spent a lot of time making faces, shrugging, not throwing and - worst of all - not closing the show when he had the chance to. That he ended the fight completely spent definitely didn't help in the judges' perception.

Unfortunately, how one ends a fight is remembered more than the earlier rounds. Nick Ball is perceived to have been robbed last Friday because he ended with a crescendo enhanced by two knockdowns. But in the first half of the fight Vargas had completely dominated him, making him look ****** several times. Therefore the draw was fair.

Finally, the Saudi people are looking to stage big events all the time, and I'm sure they prefer watching spectacular fighters than people who just do the minimum to get the job done. I'm afraid Zhang, for them, belongs to the latter category.
          Agreed to all.

I can't believe so many people consider Zhang v Parker a robbery or even unfair at all. The main theory ahead of this fight was either Zhang wins vy KO or Parker wins on points. The main variable was Zhang's activity/stamina, not Parker's.

So it ended as predicted, but Zhang's activity and stamina in this one was even worse than I expected. It was at least one of the most broing fights I've ever seen that actually had two knockdowns, which is hard to do (hard to make it that boring even with 2 kds).

If he was gonna suck so bad at the end, he mightve just given everything earlier and tried to finish Parker. But I guess if that hadn't worked, considering how he already looked for the second half, he mightve been so exhausted that Parker mightve gotten the KO.
          Tatabanya Tatabanya likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BustedKnuckles View Post

Agreed to all.

I can't believe so many people consider Zhang v Parker a robbery or even unfair at all. The main theory ahead of this fight was either Zhang wins vy KO or Parker wins on points. The main variable was Zhang's activity/stamina, not Parker's.

So it ended as predicted, but Zhang's activity and stamina in this one was even worse than I expected. It was at least one of the most broing fights I've ever seen that actually had two knockdowns, which is hard to do (hard to make it that boring even with 2 kds).

If he was gonna suck so bad at the end, he mightve just given everything earlier and tried to finish Parker. But I guess if that hadn't worked, considering how he already looked for the second half, he mightve been so exhausted that Parker mightve gotten the KO.
            It's a credit to Parker's training and discipline that he looked to bank the champuonship rounds by sticking to the game plan rather than look to blast a tired and gasping Zhang out.

Comment

Originally posted by pollywog View Post

It's a credit to Parker's training and discipline that he looked to bank the champuonship rounds by sticking to the game plan rather than look to blast a tired and gasping Zhang out.

can you post gifs of what he did in the championship rounds? what effective aggression or damage did he do to Zhang?

Comment

What effective aggression or damage did he do to Zhang?
                Parker kept punching while Zhang stopped completely, thus scoring points and damaging Zhang's ability to win on the cards.

Comment

Surely not?! Zhang didn't throw a punch in the last four rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by pollywog View Post

Parker kept punching while Zhang stopped completely, thus scoring points and damaging Zhang's ability to win on the cards.
                    They were all blocked. Zhang was unmarked

Comment

They were all blocked. Zhang was unmarked
                      So you would have scored the rounds where Zhang did nothing...how ?

Comment

Working...
                      X