Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Ennis vs Crowley heading to purse bid?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Ennis vs Crowley heading to purse bid?

Jaron 'Boots' Ennis-Cody Crowley: IBF Title Fight Heads To March 19 Purse Bid

https://www.ringtv.com/665789-jaron-...-19-purse-bid/

I mean look at this:

Last edited by brettWall; 03-08-2024, 09:57 AM.

Comment

They're all making things up.

Comment

That video is three weeks ago, while the article you posted was three days ago.

Ennis and Crowley don't have significant promotional backing, so it doesn't surprise me that this is going to purse bid. Both guys probably want more money than what PBC is willing to give them.
        Last edited by kiaba360; 03-08-2024, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            That video is three weeks ago, while the article you posted was three days ago.

Ennis and Crowley don't have significant promotional backing, so it doesn't surprise me that this is going to purse bid.
            Question is why did/do these Youtubers assume it would be on PBC and on Canelo's undercard? Where is their source?

Comment

I suspect Cody still doesn't want the fight.

But maybe there is more money in a purse bid but since neither is a name really idk about that. Might just be gambling on a bigger offer & Cody will walk when that lower number comes in.
              Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by brettWall View Post
                Question is why did/do these Youtubers assume it would be on PBC and on Canelo's undercard? Where is their source?
                https://twitter.com/SIChrisMannix/st...59319444607434

Comment

Yeah, that's their source, effing Chris Mannix thinking out loud. What does he know about what's going on exactly inside the mysterious PBC cave?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    I suspect Cody still doesn't want the fight.

But maybe there is more money in a purse bid but since neither is a name really idk about that. Might just be gambling on a bigger offer & Cody will walk when that lower number comes in.
                    Additionally, I don't see Matchroom or GBP putting in a bid. Hearn seems to be very interested in Ennis, and maybe winning that purse-bid would be his way of wooing him? Ennis/Crowley seem to be stuck with TGB.

Comment

Working...
                    X