Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Tszyu vs Thurman at a catchweight of 155?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paulf View Post

Thurman isn't ranked in the top 15. He isn't ranked at all.

You can't be the champ and fight a guy who isn't in the top 15 - for tuneup-level optional defenses, they usually pick some weirdo ranked 12 or 14 or whatever, but they can't pick just anybody.

There's some leeway when a guy is moving up - if a guys got a high ranking and moves up and the champ wants to fight him, the Orgs will just toss him somewhere in the top 15.

Problem is, Thurman was removed from the 147 rankings entirely when he didn't move forward with the Ugas fight. He isn't ranked at all at the moment.

So Tszyu would have to give up his belt to fight Thurman, unless he fights him outside of the weight class where he's champion.
    I see someone posted the rule so fair play.

I just dont know why it should be a rule if they wont sanction it. Idgaf if its for a belt or not or if its at 154 or 155, but I think its a silly ass rule he'd be stripped if he weighed 154 vs Keef. Fair play him losing the belt if he loses a 154lb fight, but to me it don't really make sense he'd lose a 154 belt for losing a 155 fight.

That said fook these belt groups regardless.
    MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrider View Post
      Yep. Jermell Charlo vs Tim Tzsyu didn't materialize. And it appears that fight will never happen at any time in the future, especially now that Charlo gave up all his belts and nobody knows whether he will move up or stay at 154. Like everyone else in this sport who choose to waste their prime years, they'll go back begging for fights in their 40s at less than 10% of what they used to make. It will be a pitiful sight.
      People complain a lot about a lot of things. As if legit fights with titles on the line and everything, fights that are supposed to be made without any issues are easy to make.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

I just can’t see him getting passed the 8th round
        Hoping it’s a good fight how long it lasts
        My friend, we already know the result!

Comment

Working...
        X