Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UK Fans, Matchroom vs Queensberry 5 vs 5 Predictions???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Fans, Matchroom vs Queensberry 5 vs 5 Predictions???

Eddie is saying the divisions will probably be announced Saturday with a presser soon after.

Any predictions on the fights that'll be made? Any fights you wanna see?

Ig the rules are Eddie & Frank each gets to pick two weight divisions to fight at & Turki gets to pick the 5th division. Then they are supposed to be putting their best available fighter forward (or Turki gets to pick the best available fighter &/or matchup) in each of those divisions.

I think it’s going to be:

Beterbiev vs Bivol- Although not sure this is part of the QB vs MR.
    Ball vs Ford- If Ball get past Vargas.
    Smith vs Yarde would be great but pretty sure it’s not happening.
    Heard Cruz vs Noakes mentioned too but not a fan of that fight tbh. I’d rather they go there separate ways.
    Last edited by RJJ-94-02=GOAT; 03-04-2024, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Heard Cruz vs Noakes mentioned too but not a fan of that fight tbh. I’d rather they go there separate ways.
      I'm skeptical Ford-Ball happens. Ford looked like he got a decent sized cut his last fight and said he was vacating.
      kiaba360 kiaba360 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

I'm skeptical Ford-Ball happens. Ford looked like he got a decent sized cut his last fight and said he was vacating.
        Good point, I seen some clip with him saying to Hearn about staying at 126 if a unification was soon.

Not a given Ball beats Vargas either tbf.

Comment

I think we'll get Ball v Lara instead of Ford. And Huni v Adelaye or maybe Dubois.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

It was also a full 12 round bout. Not sure Ford will recover soon enough to get right back into another training camp for a fighter like Ball. Not that it can't be done...but if he's already having weight issues, he may need more time to safely make weight.

I'm looking at both rosters, and IDK how this 5 vs. 5 will shape up. The rosters don't mesh too well; the best match-ups would incorporate fighters that may not be ready, or will simply not want to participate. Queensberry is bottom-heavy (a lot of prospects) while MR is top-heavy (current or former titlists/contenders). The weight classes that I think would produce the best match-ups are 126, 160, 175, and HW.
            Last edited by kiaba360; 03-04-2024, 04:08 PM.
            Mammoth Mammoth likes this.

Comment

What's bad about it? I've never seen Noakes fight.

EDIT: just watched Noakes/Sylvester. Pressure-puncher, youth, strength....seems like a decent opponent for Cruz, who needs to face someone with a strong will to win.
              Last edited by kiaba360; 03-04-2024, 04:43 PM.

Comment

They’ve said Beterbiev/Bivol is seperate to the MR vs QP stuff

There’s some decent fights to me made to be fair, I’m quite looking forward for her card.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

What's bad about it? I've never seen Noakes fight.

EDIT: just watched Noakes/Sylvester. Pressure-puncher, youth, strength....seems like a decent opponent for Cruz, who needs to face someone with a strong will to win.
                  I think Cruz is a level above. I think it’s unnecessary putting Noakes in at the deep end straight from domestic level, he should fight the Gwynne-Chamberlain winner. Get Cruz in with Fierro.
                  BigZ44 BigZ44 likes this.

Comment

I think Cruz is a level above. I think it’s unnecessary putting Noakes in at the deep end straight from domestic level, he should fight the Gwynne-Chamberlain winner. Get Cruz in with Fierro.
                    Fierro has 12 more fights than Noakes...but if you'd match them up, I'd pick Noakes to stop him lol. Actually, that wouldn't be a bad match-up. Fierro is with Matchroom.

Fierro would be an easy way for Cruz to quickly ascend the WBO rankings.
                    Last edited by kiaba360; 03-04-2024, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X