No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermell Charlo Stripped Of WBA Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post

Different version of Harrison and Tim hasn't fought anybody as good as Castano, its funny how a name stays with a man but his top form sure as hell don't but don't let that get in the way of hype.
    Well we'll never know, since Mel did everything he could to not fight TIm.

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post

They have no incentive to currently. Unless they could be legally compelled to change they won't.

It's way overdue we look for a different way to administer the sport. The TBRB is a start.
      I wish TBRB had the funding for titles/belts.

Comment

Originally posted by 57Blues View Post

they will never touch Saul --> no boxing rules apply to him or what he does. charcoal is dispensable he draws nothing does nothing for the promo boys right now so they are done with him by the time the truth catches up to Saul he will be done with boxing and counting his money never to be heard from again and it can not happen too soon either........
        The other layer is the inactivity. Canelo is not only the cash-cow, but he's ACTIVE. Therefore, it behooves the sanctioning bodies to have him as champion because they make money every time he fights. We can complain about his choice of opponents, but what we can't say is that he's inactive for the hell of it.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

While I somewhat agree, your sentiment means that Tszyu is screwed either way. Boxers can only fight who's willing and available. If Jermell comes back to 154 and Tszyu beats him, we'll say he wasn't in top form because of moving to 168 + inactivity. If he beats Crawford, we'll attribute it to weight (4th) and inactivity. Tim beat Mendoza, who beat Fundora, who beat Lubin, who (technically) beat Jesus Ramos. He's doing well so far. I'd like for Tszyu to try and consolidate the titles, starting with the Kurbanov/Madrimov winner, and then eventually face guys like Ortiz and Zayas.

On a side note, where the hell is Castano?
          I think Castaņo has a foght coming up soon.

I saw him in the gym about a month ago.

Comment

Originally posted by MesicoFistology View Post
            Casual people and these writers wanna believe Jermell actually cares that he’s getting stripped of his belts lol the man was used to making 1-2 million dollars per fight and then fights canelo and makes 20 million dollars. He doesn’t care about belts or even boxing anymore. Don’t be surprised if he ends up retiring. Just like that bum Golovkin, Jermell is living off well his off his canelo pay days
            Golovkin is way older than Charlo and he had way more amateur fights. On top of that, why didn't Canelo fight Golovkin when the world wanted to see it before he was past his prime? Oh wait, because he always waits until his best competition is on the decline with the one exception being Bivol who he lost to and had the ready made excuse that it was outside his natural weight class.
            On top of that, Golovkin never tested positive for a banned substance like Canelo but I guess he's still a bum right?
            Try to be objective and put things in perspective before you go spouting nonsense based on your clear racial bias.
            Luja14 Luja14 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post

I think Castaņo has a foght coming up soon.

I saw him in the gym about a month ago.
              Great to hear. He has entertainment value, but inactivity is killing him. 10 months between both Jermell fights, and he's currently been out for about 22 months.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

Great to hear. He has entertainment value, but inactivity is killing him. 10 months between both Jermell fights, and he's currently been out for about 22 months.
                I can't put too much blame Castaņo for his inactivity.

From what i've seen.
                The guy's a gym rat who loves to fight.

Those 2 Charlo fights were tough on his body.
                I think he deserves a little slack for taking some time off after that.

Plus.
                He's with PBC. So fighting once a year isn't too uncommon.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

I wish TBRB had the funding for titles/belts.
                  I don't. We already have too many belts and governing bodies. It would just muddy the waters.

Comment

Sulaiman will make more money giving it to the title fight in oil-rich Saudi Arabia. Makes sense for him.

Comment

He was never coming back to 154. Hearing they may scrap the Kazoo vs Keef card and Crawford may make a move on his automatic WBO mandatory.

Kazoo vs Budweiser is a much better fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X