No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Haney: Garcia Hasn't Improved Since His Amateur Days

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Haney: Garcia Hasn't Improved Since His Amateur Days

Devin Haney dismissed Ryan Garcia as a fighter who hasn't improved since their days as amateurs. The true test comes on April 20, when they fight for the first time as professionals, at the Barclays Center in New York.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Why this sucks:
    - Haney might be right
    - Haney does not have huge appeal because he never throws heat
    - If Ryan wins, he takes his "not smart guy" road show to the next level
    - I struggle to see this fight as fan friendly. Haney is not going to try and punish him. I imagine he out-skills Ryan and we get a boring affair.

such is the status of boxing!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyborg Fangerloo View Post
      Why this sucks:
      - Haney might be right
      - Haney does not have huge appeal because he never throws heat
      - If Ryan wins, he takes his "not smart guy" road show to the next level
      - I struggle to see this fight as fan friendly. Haney is not going to try and punish him. I imagine he out-skills Ryan and we get a boring affair.

such is the status of boxing!
      If Haney fights hiw he did against Prograis, this will be a very exciting beating, even if it goes twelve.

Comment

That’s probably true. That being said, he’s feathered fisted and Garcia is not, so Garcia is always going to have that chance to turn things around with one big punch.

Comment

Haney said Ryan Garcia was drunk at the press conference, and the way he was acting I buy it. I think Garcia is going through a full mental health spiral before our very eyes. I highly doubt he’s putting in steady hours in the gym, showing up, sparring, and listening to Derek James. Sad, he has lots of talent, but if that’s what his day to day has been like 8 weeks of dedication won’t be enough.
          sportee01 sportee01 likes this.

Comment

Haney is not the same fighter. Don't any of you guys remember how you developed from your early 20's? He took shots from Prograis!

I think he has a point about Cryan. He has a punch and little else.

Comment

Bro, you are not a big draw! How many PPV you sold for the last fight? You needed Garcia to make this type of money. All I can say, if Garcia loses it’s all over for him.

Comment

Easy fight for Haney. Easy fight for Teo and it was an easy fight for even tank.
                Garcia hasn’t improved since his amateurs cause he doesnt think he needs to improve.
                LAchargers373 LAchargers373 likes this.

Comment

Darnell haney will be the new face of boxing

Comment

Ryan garcia is not mentally strong and gets emotional a lot. He also admitted that he was high before the press conference, and appeared drunk as well. He seems to be falling apart. He still makes the same mistakes now with his defence and head placement in particular. Haney is a different beast with what we see now compared to his amateur days.

Comment

Working...
                    X