No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anderson, Ajagba to Headline Heavyweight Doubleheader

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Timur78 View Post
    I always said that by the time Ajagba fights a known name opponent, he'll be too old for boxing.
    They are bringing him up way too slow...
    I think part of the issue is that his performances have been inconsistent at best. PBC dropped him and he's been uneven since fighting under the Top Rank banner. I think Top Rank brought him in as the opponent of sorts for Shaw and Kossubutsky, he just happened to win them.
    Timur78 Timur78 likes this.

Comment

I hope Guido Vianello wins.
      bimhead bimhead likes this.

Comment

Anderson was kept busy last year with fights in April, July and August but then has taken 8 months off which is odd. I know his had problems out of the ring with the law which I'm not sure if that has kept him inactive. I hope his not another one who will self destruct. After beating Martin I thought they would step him up but Merhy is not really the opponent to do that, I hope this is just a fight because his been out the ring for 8 months and then step him up again. Maybe against the likes of Bakole or winner of Huni v Lerena this is just some food for thought.

Comment

Hopefully this leads to Anderson vs. Ajagba! It's overdue! Make It Happen!!!

Comment

Enough with these garbage fights, Ajagba and Anderson must fight each other after that.
            Last edited by JakeTheBoxer; 02-29-2024, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

I think they said as much after he got hit a good amount by Martin. They lined up Rudenko so he could get some confidence back with an opponent who didn't have much firepower and would get stopped. Kossubutsky looked less than stellar in his fight against Efe.

Time is on Anderson's side, they can try to get some of the defensive issues worked out before they toss him in with someone who might lose legitimate threats.

​​​​​​
              Kossubutsky didnt look the best to be fair but thst was an odd fight with lots of fouls both sides. Would imagine Anderson would have had too much for him

hopefully they match him with Efe later in the year and the winner could be in the mix when the belts become vacant
              PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Working...
              X