No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Says Garcia Approached Him About Haney Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
    This fight will be dictated in how much power Haney has. If it doesn't bother Garcia he will be moving forward, if Garcia gets concerned about Haney's power he will slow down and get out boxed.

Haney won't easily out boxed Garcia who is just as big as him and has speed.
    It's easy to imagine this fight going very different ways. Haney is clearly the superior pure boxer, but Ryan matches him in handspeed and has the bigger punch. Haney looked like a Top 5 P4P guy against Prograis, but he won't be able to do the same things to Ryan. Prograis is just so slow (hands and feet) and basic that any top JWW he fought was going to take him to school. I predicted that fight would go 120-108 3x, but I was wrong. It went 120-107 3x.

Ryan has about the same level of foot speed and agility as Prograis, so I do think that Haney will be able to outbox him for stretches, but Ryan should be able to to catch-up to him and force him to fight. I won't be surprised to see Garcia catch and drop Haney at some point in the fight, but Haney will have the will and heart to recover. It'll be a good fight, but unless Garcia lands clean for a KO, I don't see him winning. I don't believe Ryan has the mental focus to beat Devin Haney on points over 12 rounds.
    STREET CLEANER STREET CLEANER likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
      Stupid fight Ryan will got exposed once again, Golden Boy don't care about their fighters looked what they did to Amir Khan vs Canelo, Garcia should have won a title before going for Haney, he loses what next, some more bums, then another world title shot he cannot win.
      I don't think Golden Boy can be blamed here. Consider the slow-build track that other GB stars like Jaime Munguia have taken under GB guidance. Ryan has clearly asserted himself as his own boss and the navigator of his own career. Whether it's in his best business interests or not, Ryan is forcing these fights.
      Hustle Hustle likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOneAboveAll View Post

It's easy to imagine this fight going very different ways. Haney is clearly the superior pure boxer, but Ryan matches him in handspeed and has the bigger punch. Haney looked like a Top 5 P4P guy against Prograis, but he won't be able to do the same things to Ryan. Prograis is just so slow (hands and feet) and basic that any top JWW he fought was going to take him to school. I predicted that fight would go 120-108 3x, but I was wrong. It went 120-107 3x.

Ryan has about the same level of foot speed and agility as Prograis, so I do think that Haney will be able to outbox him for stretches, but Ryan should be able to to catch-up to him and force him to fight. I won't be surprised to see Garcia catch and drop Haney at some point in the fight, but Haney will have the will and heart to recover. It'll be a good fight, but unless Garcia lands clean for a KO, I don't see him winning. I don't believe Ryan has the mental focus to beat Devin Haney on points over 12 rounds.
        My betting money would be on Haney, skills pays the bills.

Comment

Its not how good Haney boxes. He's good, but Ryan can't spell boxing. Ryan has a big left hook and a stiff jab. The jab is singular, like a tool all alone. It lands and Ryan admires his work. The hook? Tank didn't feel it. Don't get me started on that shoulder roll.

Comment

I can't hate on this fight.

Both guys are young and are familiar with each others style.

Credit to both teams for making the fight.

Comment

I smell tortious interference here. Hearn has no business talking to Garcia when his promoter is Golden Boy. Sue the bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by Phase III View Post
                I smell tortious interference here. Hearn has no business talking to Garcia when his promoter is Golden Boy. Sue the bastard.
                Garcia was talking to floyd about a rollie fight. I guess he should be sued also right?

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
                  Stupid fight Ryan will got exposed once again, Golden Boy don't care about their fighters looked what they did to Amir Khan vs Canelo, Garcia should have won a title before going for Haney, he loses what next, some more bums, then another world title shot he cannot win.
                  LOL you're acting like GBP didn't tell Ryan not to accept all the stipulations in the Tank contract and that Ryan doesn't cry every time GBP tries to steer his career the right way. Try putting the blame in the right place which is with Ryan and his personal team, not GBP.

Comment

Working...
                  X