No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Says Garcia Approached Him About Haney Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn Says Garcia Approached Him About Haney Fight

Eddie Hearn has revealed an approach from Ryan Garcia "some time ago" in a bid to make one of the most wanted fights in boxing a reality. Ryan Garcia challenges career-long rival and WBC super-lightweight champion Devin Haney on April 20 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. Haney last defended the WBC crown in December, with an impressive victory over Regis Prograis on December 9 in San Francisco. After Haney's decisive win, Garcia instructed promoter Oscar De La Hoya to begin negotiations with Haney but, speaking with the MMA Hour, Hearn said he had received a direct approach from Garcia to gauge his and Haney's opinions.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BoxingUpdates; 02-28-2024, 09:07 AM.

Saw Ryan on "The Breakfast Club" and he REALLY hates Bill Haney!!!

Comment

If it wasn't for his name value and the history between these two, this fight shouldn't even be happening. Dude hasn't fought anybody in the division to earn a title shot and the one guy he did fight(who isn't really a JWW) knocked him out. They can say what they want about Haney and the way he fights, but Garcia is not on Haney's level in any aspect of the sport. Power is the only thing he has over him and if he can't land that big left hook, class will be in session for him.

Comment

That Ryan and Devin have knocked each other down, beat each other three times, and now are at their most comfortable competing weight, I believe this will be the fight we thought we were getting with Bud-Spence..

Genuinely, 50-50

Comment

Stupid fight Ryan will got exposed once again, Golden Boy don't care about their fighters looked what they did to Amir Khan vs Canelo, Garcia should have won a title before going for Haney, he loses what next, some more bums, then another world title shot he cannot win.
          AmpMcv AmpMcv likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by TreD View Post
            That Ryan and Devin have knocked each other down, beat each other three times, and now are at their most comfortable competing weight, I believe this will be the fight we thought we were getting with Bud-Spence..

Genuinely, 50-50
            How is it 50-50 one cannot box and the other excellent Boxer
            Corelone Corelone AmpMcv AmpMcv like this.

Comment

This fight will be dictated in how much power Haney has. If it doesn't bother Garcia he will be moving forward, if Garcia gets concerned about Haney's power he will slow down and get out boxed.

Haney won't easily out boxed Garcia who is just as big as him and has speed.

Comment

I'd have to side with the inform fighter being Haney but as Loma showed he is far from unbeatable.

Comment

When I watch them both fight, Haney is clearly the better fighter. I am surprised Garcia wants this fight especially after that whoopin he got from Tank.

Comment

Garcia will quit again. And again. His head's all wrong for this sport. Haney's not my favorite by a long shot but in this match he definitely is.

Comment

Working...
                    X