Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: No Longer 'Ashamed' and 'Embarrassed,' Valdez Is Back to Positivity

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: No Longer 'Ashamed' and 'Embarrassed,' Valdez Is Back to Positivity

By Eric Raskin - Oscar Valdez exited the ring last August 12 with a loss on his record, a right eye so discolored and swollen it conjured memories of Carmen Basilio after his rematch with Sugar Ray Robinson, and a sense of self-worth every bit as battered as that eye.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Valdez is a good fighter honest and ducks nobody a loss don’t mean a thing it’s a world title fight

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
      Valdez is a good fighter honest and ducks nobody a loss don’t mean a thing it’s a world title fight
      I agree, to me at least, it's absurd how people downplay and degrade a fighter based on losing against top opposition.

Boxing fans have been doing so quite a while and sadly it seems to be trending in MMA (UFC) recently. Where a fighter used to lose with no backlash and bounce back.

Comment

As a fan I never hold it against a fighter for losing , someone has to win and someone has to lose and on any given day it can happen to anyone. As long as you go in there and give an honest effort , I'm going to thank you for giving us a good fight. We can't ask any more than that from a fighter. Real boxing fans don't care as much about the 0 as it's assumed.

Comment

All great comments here! I've never understood dissing guys for taking a chance and it not working out. It cheapens the win of the other fighter if the guy was just garbage all along smh.

Now some guys get exposed and that's ok to, but that certainly isn't the case with oscar. He is a quality world level operator who just didnt get the better of a few fights, one being against kind of a weight bully.
          El Escorpion Feroz likes this.

Comment

Yeah, losing once or twice in this sport is a curse. Which is why fighters would rather take fights tailor-made for them.

Comment

If there were more boxers like Oscar Valdez the sport would be a lot better off for it. He always delivers an honest, exciting account of himself. The March 29th matchup of Valdez vs. Wilson paired with the undisputed world championship bout between Seniesa Estrada and Yocasta Valle figures to be the best value card of the year.

Comment

Y'all are sick. He's a drug cheat in the most dangerous sport in the world. He is a lowlife who has zero class. He drank "tea" that made him fail a drug test??? Please peddle that garbage elsewhere. Conceicao already beat his ass.
                Charlie Zelenoff Charlie Zelenoff likes this.

Comment

The thing that irks me about Valdez is that he could have been juicing during the Berchelt fight. Which means he broke a man because he was cheating. I believe in second chances but I’ll never forget that.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Feroz99 View Post
                    All great comments here! I've never understood dissing guys for taking a chance and it not working out. It cheapens the win of the other fighter if the guy was just garbage all along smh.

Now some guys get exposed and that's ok to, but that certainly isn't the case with oscar. He is a quality world level operator who just didnt get the better of a few fights, one being against kind of a weight bully.
                    Can't ever knock a guy whose constantly taking on some of the best. Anybody calling fighters bums or cans needs to reevaluate themselves and their accomplishments(if they have any which in most cases probably none). Can't blame him for feeling how he feels being one of the top guys out there, but dude ain't got nothing to be ashamed of. He's a multi-time champ whose constantly taking tough fights against other upper-echilon guys of the sport. Hope he comes back strong bc he's still got some fight left in him and is never in a boring fight win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                    X