Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ellerbe: Thurman's Underdog Odds Against Tszyu 'Disrespectful'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ellerbe: Thurman's Underdog Odds Against Tszyu 'Disrespectful'

Leonard Ellerbe understands why Keith Thurman might be the underdog on paper ahead of his March 30 fight with Tim Tszyu, but he disagrees with how wide the bookmakers have the contest.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BoxingUpdates; 02-27-2024, 03:51 AM.
    Aussiebox2019 Aussiebox2019 likes this.

Oh bless your hot dog nose Leonard. You gave me the best laughs I've had all day.

Comment

PBC guys have always hated on Keith for not being a ghetto stereotype.

Odd to see him coming out in favor of Thurman in any way.

Comment

Keith is still "good" but he hasn't been "great" since 2013-2017. Considering his inactivity, injury history, and the fact that he's moving up in weight to fight a younger, larger, more active fighter with better recent wins it's no surprise he's an underdog. I do agree that 8 to 1 is pretty nuts, though. Thurman has a chance, but Tszyu is and should be the clear favorite.

Comment

I neither agree nor disagree with Leonard Ellerbe. But isn't he the same Ellerbe who said Tank would KTFO Thurman?

Leonard Ellerbe: I Can Make Gervonta Davis vs Keith Thurman in Two Seconds. Thurman Can Fight His Ass Off, But Tanks Knocks Him TF Out

Comment

I agree. Tszyu quietly became one of the most overrated fighters in the game. Most fighters are constantly being asked to prove themselves, Tszyu has been put on a pedestal for beating who exactly...?

Comment

I get what he's saying because thurman is probably the better boxer of the two but Tim is fresher been so much more active and has the momentum right now. Keith just been so inactive and if he'd of had couple fights after the Barrios win and looked good like he did there then I'd say it's pretty 50-50 match up might even edge towards Keith but the inactivity has been Keith's downfall. But if you're a gambling man 8/1 thurman might be a worth a little punt but Tim is rightly the favourite going into the fight
              Last edited by Boxing2695; 02-27-2024, 01:11 PM.

Comment

I’ll go with keef thurman

Comment

When did he look rusty after a layoff? Idk maybe when he was getting knocked around the ring by Josesito Lopez?

Comment

this guy knows damn well why the odds are in tsyzus favor. tsyzu is in his prime. thurman is not. tyzsu fought 3 times last year. thurman fought 1 time in 4 years. tsyzu is a junior middle. thurman is moving up. add to that tszyu is no random bum and is #1 in the division and you get these odds. ellerbe just doesnt want anyone catching on to the fact this is a mismatch just like charlo canelo was.
                    dannnnn dannnnn mecooken mecooken like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X