Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ancajas Admits Confidence Is Broken Following Stoppage Defeat To Inoue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ancajas Admits Confidence Is Broken Following Stoppage Defeat To Inoue

Jerwin Ancajas is aware of the shortcomings that saw the former IBF super flyweight champion fail in his attempt to become a two-weight world champion in his bantamweight title challenge against Takuma Inoue.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Harsh reality is he had one solid win over Arroyo, one win over a faded former champ in Jose Alfredo Rodriguez, and the entire rest of his career has been wins over bums, gift decisions, losses, and draws.

One of the weakest world titlists of his era, drastically overrated. Had that IBF strap in witness protection for way too long.

Comment

The fact he got stopped by Takuma is all you really need to know about the quality of the guy, this Inoue couldn’t knock the skin off a rice pudding​.

And he was getting rocked multiple times by him...

Comment

WTF Ancajas defended his belt 9x. That's no easy thing.

He beat a few very good guys.
        A quality fighter, who was always more of puncher than boxer.

But losing only to 2 guys
        Takuma and Martinez are top 3-5 guys.

trippleupper trippleupper likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boro View Post
          The fact he got stopped by Takuma is all you really need to know about the quality of the guy, this Inoue couldn’t knock the skin off a rice pudding​.

And he was getting rocked multiple times by him...
          So what he is no Monster like his brother i will go along with that but i see him as having power power that is displayed more so then the four or five K O's he has on his record that shot over the weekend proved it to me. He has got speed and accurcy and those two are needed to deliver it but still he is not a weak puncher in the sense that most people describe it not to me not to my eyes. The number four-5 dont tell the whole story with him he could increase that percentage in time. Can he wear another fighter down yes he can and make people respect his so called lack of power inside the ropes. i see it dif then you some guys got nothing onside the gloves and have to dance and move and divert but he has more then some think Time will tell tho..................His jaw is not weak but that is another topic

Comment

Takuma is also getting better. He clearly doesn't have the ridiculous natural power of his brother, but Naoya is called Monster for a reason. That was good application of timing, and he's got the speed, and Shingo clearly knows how to teach them that last second weight drop that gives punches penetration. I think we'll see better and better performances from Takuma, although he'd better stay clear of Nakatani.

Comment

Originally posted by JOITATS View Post
              WTF Ancajas defended his belt 9x. That's no easy thing.

He beat a few very good guys.
              A quality fighter, who was always more of puncher than boxer.

But losing only to 2 guys
              Takuma and Martinez are top 3-5 guys.

And even the guys he faced who may not have been top flight, it was the way in which he beat them == decisively, with gusto -- that stays in memory.

And he did it almost all on the road -- that ain't easy.
              JOITATS JOITATS likes this.

Comment

Working...
              X