No announcement yet.

Jose Benevidez Sr says DB is moving up then coming back down to 168lbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose Benevidez Sr says DB is moving up then coming back down to 168lbs

He's live right now, on friday 2/23 on boxingvboice youtube channel doing an interview.

clearly stating he's going to 175lbs then going back down for a canelo fight.

why th ehell would they do something like that? how do they know he can can sucesfully come back down ? not many fighters can do that.

this could be an all time low blunder.
    Last edited by DoubleMM; 02-23-2024, 08:02 PM.

Because David is not really moving up. He is just cutting less weight. Its not like a 154 pounder moving up to 168. He also said Canelo low balled him with a 5m offer which they accepted anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
      He's live right now, on friday 2/23 on boxingvboice youtube channel doing an interview.

clearly stating he's going to 175lbs then going back down for a canelo fight.

why th ehell would they do something like that? how do they know he can can sucesfully come back down ? not many fighters can do that.
      One of the dumber things I’ve heard a super of late knowing damn well that Benny is having trouble making the weight right now
      If this were to transpire , Benny will never be the same fighter
      This is how fighters get ruined , playing with their weight , back and forth
      Look at Canelo , he was never the same although he was in decline already

Comment

That would be very dumb on Team Benavidez part, David should just wait at 168, hire a nutritionist and enforce his mando position or else he could possibly end up as a Chad Dawson 2.0 situation.

Comment

Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
          That would be very dumb on Team Benavidez part, David should just wait at 168, hire a nutritionist and enforce his mando position or else he could possibly end up as a Chad Dawson 2.0 situation.
          I dispute that cause it seems that Sulaiman wants to protect his interests ; that being Benny and Canelo
          That is why he’s offered up Gvodzyk at light heavyweight setting up one of those straight to the four belts

Comment

Playing with weight like that doesn't end well. In fact this is a gift to Canelo, let Bene go up then make Bene come back down in weight.
            MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

Eh, depends how they do the "move up". If he prepares exactly the same as he usually does and just doesn't bother cutting the weight the last 3 days before the fight, that's one thing. If they actually make him into a 175 lber, then try to get him back down to 168 that's a disaster in the making.
              Hustle Hustle icha icha like this.

Comment

Jose says a lot of things that don't end up being true. I remember when they had "signed a contract" to fight Morrell. Don't buy that Canelo sent him a 5 million offer, or any offer at all either.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

I dispute that cause it seems that Sulaiman wants to protect his interests ; that being Benny and Canelo
                  That is why he’s offered up Gvodzyk at light heavyweight setting up one of those straight to the four belts
                  I understand that but is this really going to help Benavidez's career in the long term?

Fighting the current cash cow of the sport that can give Benavidez the biggest payday of his career and boost his brand world wide over some unknown Easter European who already lost to Beterbiev? Seem counterproductive to me.

Comment

Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post

I understand that but is this really going to help Benavidez's career in the long term?

Fighting the current cash cow of the sport that can give Benavidez the biggest payday of his career and boost his brand world wide over some unknown Easter European who already lost to Beterbiev? Seem counterproductive to me.
                    Let’s be honest , in all reality how long can he pretend to be a super middleweight ?
                    Yes your absolutely right but if Canelo refuses to fight him , he can’t literally force the guy

Comment

Working...
                    X