No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Hints At Pacquiao Exhibition

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elfag View Post

His KO ratio before going up to welterweight was 68% which is far from feather fisted. He was naturally a lot smaller than SRL. SRL was 5'10 and fought from 147-168. Floyd started at 130 and had hand problems. So of course SRL was a more devastating power puncher at welter. You want to see a guy really ***ed on power that is Devin Haney who already has a KO ratio of 48% and hes going to have to go up to atleast 154 some day.
    He was definitely feather fisted.. Watch most of his kos below 147.They are mostly corner stoppages from accumulation of punches and the like. Fights where he keeps hitting the opponent but can't really hurt them badly enough to get them out of there which definitionly means you lack power if you keep hitting a guy cleanly and not much happens. Corrales, Chavez, hernandez, gerena, ndou, gatti, etc...all corners pulled them out. He wasn't knocking guys silly often. Manfredy was a bit hurt and juuko seemed fine but just gave up but most of his ko victims were clear headed and stopped because of Floyd's dominance in the fight and the pointless nature of taking more punches.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

Actually he beat 2 undefeated prime HOFers Corrales and Hatton, in addition to Canelo.

I guess you’re only giving credit if he beats a well past it Kasim Ouma. Or if he ducks Shakur to fight the monster Kambosos.
      Hatton was never good at 147 so Def not q great win, but if you want to give him Corrales that's fair. I think corrales is a tier below guys like Duran, hearns, Benitez, and Hagler but that's my opinion. Canelo is on a somewhat similar tier but 2 154 Champs fighting at 152 tarnishes that fight. So like I said 0 great wins imo. Ali and srl way above him. Quality over quantity but Ali had quality and quantity.
      Last edited by daggum; 02-21-2024, 12:37 PM.
      RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM RuleOfTheSpear likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
        Floyd was a defensive genius but compared to SRL he had little pop.There's quite a few above Floyd as much as I admired his skills.
        Since ProboxTV took over, the Floyd butt kissing articles have been full swing but Floyd's entitled to his opinion if he thinks he's better than everybody.

For me, Floyd is better than Ali, Robinson and Armstrong skillwise but he's not better than Sugar Ray Leonard.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

Actually he beat 2 undefeated prime HOFers Corrales and Hatton, in addition to Canelo.

Neither one of those guys would be considered all time great fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post

I think corrales is a tier below guys like Duran, hearns, Benitez, and Hagler but that's my opinion
            He's a full 3 tiers below those fighters imo.
            RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM RuleOfTheSpear likes this.

Comment

Hatton was never good at 147 so Def not to great win but, but if you want to give him Corrales that's fair. I think corrales is a tier below guys like Duran, hearns, Benitez, and Hagler but that's my opinion
              Hatton's only fights at 147:

--Collazo (extremely close decision win)
              --Floyd (loss)
              --Senchenko (retirement loss)

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post

He's a full 3 tiers below those fighters imo.
                Well maybe 2? I don't know how many tiers there are but they are top level and he's definitely below.

Comment

Hatton was never good at 147 so Def not q great win but, but if you want to give him Corrales that's fair. I think corrales is a tier below guys like Duran, hearns, Benitez, and Hagler but that's my opinion. Canelo is on a somewhat similar tier but 2 154 Champs fighting at 152 tarnishes that fight. So like I said 0 great wins imo.
                  Of course its a great win. An undefeated HOFer in his prime. Not like he brought him up 2 weight classes like Rigo.

Yes, he is tier below.

Of course he has great wins. If it was anyone else, you’d call beating Manny, Cotto, Corrales, Hatton, Shane, Canelo great wins.

Comment

Well maybe 2? I don't know how many tiers there are but they are top level and he's definitely below.
                    Yes I agree with that

Comment

Originally posted by RuleOfTheSpear View Post

Hatton's only fights at 147:

--Collazo (extremely close decision win)
                      --Floyd (loss)
                      --Senchenko (retirement loss)
                      Tank studied Floyd's career very carefully and thats why he fights a lot of smaller guys moving up. Just easier. Or I should say Floyd studied his own career and knew which were the easiest fights so now hes passing that knowledge on to his Lil son aww

Comment

Working...
                      X