Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: We All Want Canelo-Benavidez ... But Canelo Owes Us Nothing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo will always have that asterisk against his undisputed status until he squares up against the two-time champ who never lost his title in the ring.

Comment

Listen up Canelo… no mas, Corres mas rapido, gordo de mierda!
      eco1 eco1 likes this.

Comment

Canelo doesn't fight Mexicans

Comment

I don’t like the wording. Owes?

Any champion should defend against the highest ranked opponent at least once per year.

Canelo is the 168lb champ. Benavidez is the best 168lb challenger. That should be one of the fights made in 2024.

Canelo can make fights with other opponents. Hope he does Benavidez and Crawford.

That would be a monster year.

Comment

If Canelo really cares about what his fans want, then he will fight David Benavidez. Whether he fights him or not is his choice. I have a choice of watching Canelo's fights and as a boxing enthusiast I will not be watching his fights. Canelo's skills will further erode and as they do there will be other fighters (hopefully) that will not use Canelos and Mayweather style of ducking opponents until they age out. As a person I like the way Canelo conducts himself. I always thought he is soft spoken and not a real big trash talker. As a fighter that's another story. To me he was more talented when he was younger and lighter. Now as he is aged somewhat, he has moved up to middleweight, super middleweight and sometimes light heavyweight, his skills aren't the same. To me he is a top 10 today, top 200 of all-time.

True champions fight the best challengers available. Guys such as Ali, Lewis, De La Hoya, Hopkins, Hagler, Holyfield to name a few. Canelo is not on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post

Who wrote this?
              Probably Regge

Comment

Originally posted by mjh1969 View Post
                If Canelo really cares about what his fans want, then he will fight David Benavidez. Whether he fights him or not is his choice. I have a choice of watching Canelo's fights and as a boxing enthusiast I will not be watching his fights. Canelo's skills will further erode and as they do there will be other fighters (hopefully) that will not use Canelos and Mayweather style of ducking opponents until they age out. As a person I like the way Canelo conducts himself. I always thought he is soft spoken and not a real big trash talker. As a fighter that's another story. To me he was more talented when he was younger and lighter. Now as he is aged somewhat, he has moved up to middleweight, super middleweight and sometimes light heavyweight, his skills aren't the same. To me he is a top 10 today, top 200 of all-time.

True champions fight the best challengers available. Guys such as Ali, Lewis, De La Hoya, Hopkins, Hagler, Holyfield to name a few. Canelo is not on that list.
                With a one week notice.

Comment

It would actually be really good trolling if he fought Benavidez on May 4, and said "I told you I was going to fight an American. Benavidez isn't a real Mexican. He's just pretending for the Mexican fans."

I'm expecting to be disappointed by the fight announcement though.

Comment

Fighters can fight who they want but not if they have a belt. WBC, WBA and IBF need to state when their mandatory fights are to happen.

Benevidez is the biggest fight out there for Canelo but he has value himself. He needs to start talking about fighting Munguia and Bivol and get out to Saudi for the big nights. Go for a run with Eddie. Put some pressure on PBC.
                    dan-b dan-b likes this.

Comment

He owes us.
                      charliepaerker charliepaerker likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X