Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Late Knockdown, Superior Stamina Propel Foster Past Nova By Split Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guiltysimpson24 View Post
    Knockdown was Flukie due to wet ring apron. Commentary atrociously biased towards Foster who did absolutely nothing until the 7th round. And I'm a big foster fan but Novas style was just all wrong for him. Part of me wants to say Nova didn't "do enough" to "take it from the champ"... but I cant say that because i had Nova winning 8 rounds, though it wasn't spectacular.
    Yeah was gonna be hard for nova to get that decision even tho he's a top rank fighter himself. But top rank probably just payed foster some pretty good money to sign to them so him to lose in his first fight with them wouldn't of been great. Foster started poorly and nova boxed well, but he picked up in the second half of the fight when nova started to slow down. he definitely isn't the strongest champion out there though he takes his foot of the gas to much
    Last edited by Boxing2695; 02-17-2024, 10:32 AM.

Comment

P..
      Originally posted by archiemoore1 View Post
      I was rooting for Nova to win. I only saw the highlight but Nova looked sloppy, falling in, reaching, not enough jabs or head movement. But with the kind of character he has, I believe he'll go back to the gym and work hard on conditioning, and correct some technical flaws and come back much stronger and better
      Nova won’t change
      That’s his style
      landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
        P..

Nova won’t change
        That’s his style
        At least Nova is pretty entertaining and can still contend at the top level. Would be interesting to see him in rematch or in a fight with Valdez/Coincecao.

Comment

Originally posted by Feroz View Post

At least Nova is pretty entertaining and can still contend at the top level. Would be interesting to see him in rematch or in a fight with Valdez/Coincecao.
          He gives it his all but seems like his stamina always goes late
          Or maybe I should say he slows down and gives his opponent opportunities to get back in it as we saw last night

Comment

Foster is NOT going to rematch that man. Nor should he, frankly.

If Foster ever runs into someone with power AND precision, he's taking an L. And that's sad because we're fans of his - he's talented, he's composed, he HAS the skill, but he's not going to get over with the mainstream constantly dropping 6+ rounds and barely eeking out victories. He's just not.

Comment

Each fighter took turns looking bad. Foster forgot to show up for the first half of the fight, Nova forgot boxing title matches are 12 rounds long, not 7. Arguing judging in boxing is a little like complaining about the cold weather in the winter or whining about sweating in the Summer: Everyone who does it is correct but it is not going to change even if the points are valid. But even if this cards were crazy in one direction or the other, I am glad it was a split decision. Both of these fighters need to feel a little bad about this effort, and the way the judging went will at least force them to look at how they each disappointed in this tussle.

Comment

Entertaining enough fight with ebbs and flows from both belligerents but that was more because of their flaws than their strengths. As others have mentioned, Foster gave rounds away and Nova faded. I didn't really score the fight round by round, thought maybe Nova nicked it but the knockdown (technically a knockdown aided by a slippery canvas) made it dicey.

I like both fighters and enjoy watching them fight, they are good enough to win a belt but have a ceiling that's below "very good".

Comment

I had it 116-111 for Foster. There were several close rounds because both fighters did very little. I did favor Foster's cleaner more accurate punches. Also must say Foster did not look great after the weigh in. He probably had a tough cut. May need to consider a move to 135.

Comment

I had Nova by 2 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                    X