Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abraham Nova Picking Ryan Garcia To Upset Devin Haney

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ryan is fast and powerful and Haney isn't a big puncher. I think it could be more competitive than most are expecting but I wouldn't pick Garcia to actually win. I'd give him about 20-25% percent chance of winning. Not sure why this Nova guy is so confident.

Comment

Ryan's got more pop on his hook but that's the only thing he does better then Haney.

Comment

Nova bet your check on it then! I hate when a person give an opinion but it’s not backed by substance so go sit yo ass down too!

Comment

Who is this blonde-bearded buffoon? Doesn't he know that "left hook" Garcia only has one weapon? I hope Nova is ready for his own fight tonight.

Comment

I think Garcia and people in general are misjudging Haney's power at 140.

Haney has become much stronger and if you watch his training now, there are more exercises to increase his explosive power and leg strength.
            Real punchers are born but respectable power can be trained.

Prograis was also dismissive of any Haney power and was sure he would KO him. He was the one that ended up on the floor. As far as I know, Prograis had never officially been dropped before.
            You donīt need concussive power to knock someone down or let his head spin. A well timed, placed and unexpected solid hit is enough to do the trick.

If Haney can drop a Prograis and have him on bambi legs at another point, he sure as hell can drop a Garcia.

Comment

Devin Haney has accused Garcia of being on coke on X.

I said it before https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/b...5#post32170715 and I'll say it again...

New video, same voice and mannerism (strangely, the video seems to have been removed from other outlets it seems..)
              Something is off with Garcia.
              https://www.reddit.com/r/boxingcircl...ole_crackhead/
              Last edited by PerfectJab; 02-17-2024, 08:10 AM.

Comment

I admit to having underrated Haney until the past three fights. He fought dead even against a very motivated Loma and showed how much he's grown. I still feel he maneuvered his way into the championship by getting that agreement with Kambosos and those two fights were awful, not championship level at all, with each fighter in the first battle averaging 5 power shots per round, an embarrassment given Haney became undisputed before he faced Loma, Lopez, Garcia, Shakur or Tank ...... how is that even possible? But he has grown and his dominance of Prograis was a whole new level of fighting.

Ryan Garcia is frustrating, and does not seem to be growing as a fighter or a man. He has physical gifts and perhaps some character but it's not showing up.Two years ago I would have said, Garcia wins. Now is Haney's time.

Comment

Working...
                X