Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jamaine Ortiz: Hopefully We Get The Rematch [With Lopez]; I'll Make It More Of A Clear Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, let’s make it a $100 PPV! Everyone who thinks Ortiz one will want to pay for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
      I don't think highly of Lopez but guys like Ortiz need to find a different career if they don't want to fight. Marathons, track might be more up their alley. I understand the need to box and move around but there's a difference between boxing and running and in a entertainment business where fans pay money for a product, these type of fighters have no business in the ring. That's why it was a good thing a guy like Stevenson retired because if you don't like to get hit, you're in the wrong business buddy....
      Exactly right. “Hit and not get hit” is part of boxing but too many of today’s boxers act as though they are so terrified of getting hit by a punch that they don’t want to throw a punch. Even Wilder - one of the biggest punchers in boxing - acted that way with his disgraceful running performance against Parker. Why are they boxing if they are that afraid to do what needs to be done to win a fight? And then you have a huge segment of fighters who really don’t care whether they win or lose a fight - they just want to last the distance and not get knocked out so they can complain that they got robbed.

These kind of fighters are killing boxing; if I was ESPN I would be thinking twice about bankrolling a sport that keeps providing fights like Lopez-Ortiz.

Comment

damn. these boxers are dumb. get boos from crowd the whole fight. then think there gonna be rematch
        wrecksracer wrecksracer likes this.

Comment

No thanks. You guys stunk the joint out.

Comment

i thought it was a pretty clear win for ortiz. he won all of the exchanges, landed more and better quality punches. i'm surprised the punch stats were as close as they are. i pretty much just saw lopez following the guy around the ring throwing 1 punch at a time and getting caught with check hooks. i gave lopez 4 rounds, you could maybe give him 5 tops. his big offensive showing in this fight was the headbutt that caused the cut

Comment

That ship sailed! No one wants to see a rematch. He fought other fights that were more exciting so he must have been frightened of Lopez.

Comment

There are few times that I have turned off a fight before it ended and opted to go to sleep because the match was so excruciatingly boring. Floyd vs Baldomir, Canelo vs Jacobs, Rigo vs Casimero, Shakur vs De Los Santos and Teo vs Ortiz of fell into that category. Please no rematch.

Comment

Naw, we'll pass on that one. Ortiz should've threw more punches but he didn't. He didn't land anything big either. 115-113 either way was fine. I had Teo but that wasn't clear either way.

Comment

Originally posted by 57Blues View Post
                    that is a great idea a rematch why didn't i think of that .........what would make it better...? Hum

I got it put it on the undercard co-main event of Shakur vs De los Santos Fight Two great rematches on one night.

Yea that's the ticket..............
                    Add Regis Progais vs Zorrilla rematch and we have a hell of a PPV card to boot!

jackblack008 jackblack008 likes this.

Comment

Ortiz won 3 4rds amateur fights.
                      Teo won 1 pro fight.
                      GoldenBackHand GoldenBackHand likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X