Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Conor Benn: If We Could Make That Fight With Mario Barrios Next, I'd Be Over The Moon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan-b View Post

I remember the Australian commentary during the fight when he had Roy in trouble: "To be a legend you've gotta beat a legend."

It was a sad occasion seeing Roy get beaten up like that.
    I was at MSG when Calzaghe beat him, towards the end it was hard to watch , some of his fans we’re walking out and it just left me thinking what a difference time make’s.
    Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
      I was at MSG when Calzaghe beat him, towards the end it was hard to watch , some of his fans we’re walking out and it just left me thinking what a difference time make’s.
      I hated Calzaghe that night.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post

You're looking at things from the lions point of view. An old lion is still a lion to a rabbit.
        ———-
        And a rabbit escaping the clothes of an old battered lion is not something to be called “legendary” or “astonishing”. The lion was just old and way past its prime.
        To celebrate the rabbit’s win is like celebrating an adult 25 year old beating a 70 year old bully. Even if it was justified or sanctioned.

Comment

I think this is a winnable fight for Barrios. He has a similar skillset to Dobson, but in comparison, he is a younger fighter with a solid gas tank and faster hand speed, is more experienced at the top level and the bigger puncher between the two.

Whatever success Dobson had, Barrios can replicate with more success.

Comment

so benn would be over the moon at a barrios fight, what would that make him

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_eS2pSdb7aGDCueLNO2-P1MmFVR9whZbJzQ&usqp=CAU.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
              Just out of curiosity, why can’t Benn fight Barrios on a pbc card? Pbc fighters have fought on ESPN and dazn, what’s with matchroom fighters not being able to fight on pbc cards?
              That’s what I thought….

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

That’s what I thought….
                Because when pbc fighters fight outside of showtime or fox it was for the biggest paydays you dumbass. Foolton and porter fought on ESPN because it was a big payday for them. Windmill went and fought on dazn because it was a big payday (after saying how he wasn't getting payed what he was worth on pbc)

So that's why nobody fights on pbc from dazn or ESPN because pbc don't don't give their fighters the big paydays they did you fvkcing moron.

So if pbc can't pay their fighters that much how tf you expect them to bring in fighters outside their stable? You fvkcing dumbass
                Last edited by Teetotaler69; 02-05-2024, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Man, u keep saying Ennis, knowing damned well ur promoter would never let u make that fight. They have to make as much money off you as they can. They wouldn't allow u to get ruined like that. If this isn't true, then make the damned fight already. Boots isn't tied down contractually. That's the easiest guy to make a fight with. And u get s chance to win a title. What's the hold up?
                  MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

Barrios is levels above Benn. Benn was head hunting and walking through back fire vs the lower C class. Now that he's not knocking blocks off, I don't see much else.
                    MulaKO MulaKO Oldskoolg Oldskoolg like this.

Comment

El Azteca stops this roided big mouth.Hell, I think even Eubank Jr beats the juice head.

Comment

Working...
                      X