Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tim Tszyu: I Feel Like Fighters These Days, In This Modern Era, They're Just A Bunch Of P-ssies!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You going to move up and take on Janibek then, Tim?

Comment

Erickson Lubin would have been a good fight but too much risk for promoters.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
        Pussie is someone fighting a man who has only 1 fight in 5 Years and is smaller and OLD.
        Just imagine how degrading it would be if you had a whole country making sure all their opponents were in this shape before facing them otherwise they just get beaten left, right and centre. That's taking cowardice to the extreme. Then you had them sneering that they exposed their opponent and creating a narrative out of pure fantasy. That makes it even more degrading. Then you had a mass of robberies to go with it.

How messed up is that?

Comment

I'd like to give shine to "throwback" boxers but I doubt that if there were 4 belts per weight class back then, the likelihood of Leonard-Hearns (I) happening would've been just as slim as it is today. In 1981, these guys were WBA and WBC belt holders and the only way either could claim to be the best WW and earn huge money... was to go head to head. This was a TRUE PPV-worthy super-fight available only on close-circuit TV. The same could be said about Leonard-Duran (I) and Hagler-Hearns. Ali-Frazier (I). You get my drift.

I'm also supportive of boxers getting paid well. But nowadays I feel the pendulum has swung too far. Diluting the sport are Instagram stars getting life-changing money for showcase fights, because ultimately these types of Business events give nothing to the fans. They certainly do little to grow the fanbase. MIght as well watch WWE.

So if Tim makes it to the top, I hope he keeps his word; I hope he doesn't devolve into the type of fighter he disparages now.

Comment

Gotta agree with Tim, fighter like GGG that sat around in the same weight class for a million years waiting on real fighters to come up to them much like Benavides instead of traveling up weight class or two and daring to be great. Props to Crawford, Haney, Canelo

Comment

Tim I agree with your statement about many modern fighter. Not all, but many are real soft. They are being programmed to steal money without fighting tough opponents as much as possible and its watering down the game we all love. But don't use that word "takeover", because it seems to bring a curse to anyone who uses it. Ask Teofimo, who was talking about "the takeover", to anyone who would listen. Until Kambosos kicked his ass in MSG in front of his family, friends, church congregation, pastor, accountant, laywer, neighbors, and the whole Brooklyn basically
              Campo32 Campo32 likes this.

Comment

I keep saying this: American fighters are the problem in the modern era. They all want to talk their way to Floyd Mayweather money on social media while doing very little of substance.

Comment

He's not the first to say such thing. Question is when this part-time boxing started.
                  It wasn't so horrible back in the days. Now even titles or belts are held hostage for years.
                  Campo32 Campo32 likes this.

Comment

and Shakur is #1

Comment

couldn't have agree morre

just from top of my head:

Fury
                      Shakur
                      Tank
                      cRyan

they have flappers down there like ears of an elephant

because they're not just pu$$!€$