Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: If No Spence Rematch, Antonio Tarver Believes Crawford Has To Fight Ennis Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post
    Crawford don’t want that fight. He’s not an old school take on all comers type of fighter.
    I'd love to see the ennis fight too, but i can't see why Crawford would just let someone walk right up to the top of the queue with a fresh chin without having endured any trouble or damage like everyone else had to..

Comment

Originally posted by hhh1200 View Post

He should be the one fighting Tim who is probably a prep bc he is a boxer puncher and will try to walk down you from a high guard on occasion. Not in Canelo's league but styles make fights. I don't see anyone at 160.

None of these matters b/c that PBC contract has him sidelined anyway
      There was no chance Uncle Al would put Tazoo in with Crawford , none whatsoever
      He needs to cash out , some more need I say , on Crawford
      Tazoo vs Bud would be a great fight imo
      That contract can’t last forever , something needs to give
      ptek ptek likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post

You'd think there'd be a mad rush to sign him up with huge offers. Tim says he has a multi fight contract signed up recently - who with? Amazon or PBC? Can't understand why Ennis can't get that same deal.
        Must be some reason why no one jumping to sign Boots
        Him and his dad must be a problem in the locker room , so to say
        Tim is signed by PBC , for 5 fights is what I read
        ptek ptek SteveM SteveM like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Talk Radio View Post

He put in work. He won the IBF interim by beating Chukhadzian, defended it by beating Villa.

Interim means, literally , if the champ isn’t unifying or fighting a mandatory, they have to fight you next.

Spence was unifying. Crawford unified, now it’s time to defend against a mandatory.

Crawford refused (ducked).

IBF stripped him and emailed it to Boots.

So now, the other orgs really should be breathing down Crawford’s neck, especially WBO.

Meanwhile, Boots said “come get yo belt back!”. Crawford refused again (ducking).

Crawford doesn’t have to fight Boots since he was stripped. But he does have to fight mandatory opposition and stop calling out lightweights, super lightweights, junior middleweights, middleweights and super middleweights. Call out a welterweight, ANY of them at this point.

And don’t say “he’s going to 154” - then he needs to vacate all the belts like he did to go up and fight Jeff Horn.
          I noticed that you are one fughin ignorant bastard
          Which part of Bud being tied up to your closet love Spence don’t you understand ?
          Boots sending out a tweet doesn’t mean he’d get in the ring with Bud , as we all know he ducked the previous two offers to fight Bud
          Boots and yourself are very similar , Boots avoids Bud like the plague and you avoid answering my questions as to why Boots refused two fights with Bud then en route to being his mando , decisively decided to reroute
          Facts Leicesterage , just Facts

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
            Crawford is at the end of the road. He will probably have a tune up at 154, than he will fight Tim at 154. If he wins, he will want to cash out against Canelo and retire.

Crawford and Canelo are in the same class now, whey both are ducking top guys from their divisions.
            Canelo has already stated his plans are one more Charlo and then Bud Crawford to top his contract with PBC
            ptek ptek likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post
              Crawford don’t want that fight. He’s not an old school take on all comers type of fighter. He claims everyone ducked and is ducking him but the first true contender that he’s faced with he vacates. He did it at 140 too. Truth is crawford tho a 2 weight undisputed champion has never DEFENDED either title or even a piece of any undisputed title.
              He didn’t vacate chit
              He was stripped by the IBF so Boots can get a belt ,; email paper or wtv you wanna call it

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

Must be some reason why no one jumping to sign Boots
                Him and his dad must be a problem in the locker room , so to say
                Tim is signed by PBC , for 5 fights is what I read
                I've never understood the finances on how signing for , say, a 5 fight deal works. You get a big signing on fee? - then you must get paid for each fight. But maybe if you are not very established and you get a massive sign on fee based on potential then maybe say the first 2/3 fights you receive less money?

Never seen an article explaining this.

Maybe Team Ennis is asking too much for a sign on fee?

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                  Bud should take the fight. Reality is Buds career was a bit of a joke before he beat Spence. Spence even laughed at Bud, with whos hes beat type comments. But even so, Bud seems to be hinting hes going to better that Spence win, with with taking on all comers like Tim Tysue, Charlo and Nelo? Well, lets start with Boots.
                  the problem with starting with Boots is that he might never get to fight those other fights afterwards - course, if he was very confident about beating Ennis he'd just go ahead and do it

Comment

The only reason Bud would have to fight him is if he remains at 147. The problem is, outside of actual boxing fans, the casual base doesn't really know who either of the are, so the fight wouldn't be a big PPV event. Crawford will demand a guaranteed rate well over $10 million.
                    ptek ptek MulaKO MulaKO like this.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post

I've never understood the finances on how signing for , say, a 5 fight deal works. You get a big signing on fee? - then you must get paid for each fight. But maybe if you are not very established and you get a massive sign on fee based on potential then maybe say the first 2/3 fights you receive less money?

Never seen an article explaining this.

Maybe Team Ennis is asking too much for a sign on fee?
                      I’ve heard Bozy is a true pain in the azz
                      If you’ve seen any of his interviews , it sure seems that way
                      From what I’ve been told and explained , you get a signing fee , it’s actually for you to sign for 5 ( incentive ) I guess , then you gradually make more as you go
                      Hoping that your talent and what the backers are banking on , that you get bigger and bigger
                      ptek ptek likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X