Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gabriela Fundora: I'm Glad Ref Stopped It, Cruz Turned Her Body Around Indicating She No Longer Wanted To Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gabriela Fundora: I'm Glad Ref Stopped It, Cruz Turned Her Body Around Indicating She No Longer Wanted To Fight

Footprint Center in Phoenix, Arizona - Still undefeated IBF flyweight world champion Gabriela "Sweet Poison" Fundora (13-0, 6 KOs) of Coachella Valley, California successfully defended her title in a 10-round combat against Christina Cruz (6-1, 0 KOs) of Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    JLC JLC likes this.

These announcers are terrible on the networks, saying it shouldn't have been stopped, and they get away with it all the time on various things but think people at home no nothing about the sport. If a fighter not protecting themselves anylonger a referee has to use good disgression and make a fast decision, but you have these tv personalities saying dumb **** like where was the 8 count, did one exist? before making a blanked statement. I think they need more training to be honest! Gabriela Fundora had begun landing clean effective and often wihout a good response from her opponent is all I need to see.

Comment

Originally posted by hitmanjosh View Post
      These announcers are terrible on the networks, saying it shouldn't have been stopped, and they get away with it all the time on various things but think people at home no nothing about the sport. If a fighter not protecting themselves anylonger a referee has to use good disgression and make a fast decision, but you have these tv personalities saying dumb **** like where was the 8 count, did one exist? before making a blanked statement. I think they need more training to be honest! Gabriela Fundora had begun landing clean effective and often wihout a good response from her opponent is all I need to see.

Came on here to say essentially the same thing. Sergio Mora was completely wrong with his take. Cruz turned her back twice and stopped fighting completely. She made the decision an easy one for the ref even Mora disagrees.

Comment

I think that the stoppage was correct. She might have been ok until she took that second step away. In my opinion it looked like she had abandoned the fight. If she didn't mean to , the mistake was still hers. The Referee did what he was supposed to.

Comment

Originally posted by pnut901 View Post
          I think that the stoppage was correct. She might have been ok until she took that second step away. In my opinion it looked like she had abandoned the fight. If she didn't mean to , the mistake was still hers. The Referee did what he was supposed to.
          Exactly right. For someone who supposedly had a lot of experience, Cruz panicked and made a costly rookie move. Would've liked to see the fight finish but the ref's decision cannot be rightly criticized.
          pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Fundora was getting EXPOSED just like the brother did, won't be champ long, maybe hoops next?

Comment

Fundora showed fortitude.. how the hell do you declare her to be exposed smh..

it was definitely a justifiable stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by crisantonio917 View Post
                Fundora was getting EXPOSED just like the brother did, won't be champ long, maybe hoops next?
                She was in with someone with obviously really good pedigree and he turned the fight around.

Comment

It was a bad stoppage in my opinion. The ref should have evaluated the sutuation and seperated the fighters and let the fight resume. The outcome would not have been any diffrent but atleast give the fighter a chance to finish the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by crisantonio917 View Post
                    Some people don’t know sh_t About boxing, now go look in the mirror!

Comment

Working...
                    X