Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Zhilei Zhang's Trainer: We're Not Underestimating Parker; Wilder Totally Looked Past Parker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Zhilei Zhang's Trainer: We're Not Underestimating Parker; Wilder Totally Looked Past Parker

Zhilei Zhang's trainer is certain that his focused heavyweight is taking Joseph Parker much more seriously than Deontay Wilder did December 23. Shaun George got the sense that Wilder overlooked Parker prior to their 12-round fight last month. Wilder paid a steep
    [Click Here To Read More]

Zhang in 4. I rewatched those Joyce fights and Zhang just studies his man for 2 rounds and just figures him out. That shot he caught Joyce with would KO anyone.Guy has power in both hands and people question his gas tank but he was beating up Hrgovic pretty good all night.

Comment

Parker is a credit to the sport and his family sacrifices are second to none, it is paying off and he is much improved and may offer Zhang more than he can chew.If Parker has a solid moving counterpunching game plan and doesn't walk on to Zhang's power then I see another against the odds win late on, at 2/1 I may have a sneaky nifty!

Comment

Parker could very well squeak by with a decision if he avoids Zhang's heavy hands, but The Emperor also has a very sneaky mode of attack (unlike Wilder); you don't see those sledgehammers coming at all.

Zhang, KO, mid fight, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by takenotes View Post
          Zhang in 4. I rewatched those Joyce fights and Zhang just studies his man for 2 rounds and just figures him out. That shot he caught Joyce with would KO anyone.Guy has power in both hands and people question his gas tank but he was beating up Hrgovic pretty good all night.
          BUT Joyce is incredibly easy to hit. As for studying Joyce - Zhang had a spy in Joyce's training camp (they literally said so), knew he was working on moving to the left. So it was that too.

I think this is a great fight. Zhang has the power to hurt Parker but Parker is very experienced against top guys and was the first person to go the distance with Joshua. Whereas Zhang was put down by Joshua in their amateur fight. I think Parker also has the strength of a beaten fighter who had to change his approach and fix his flaws. In Zhang's mind he beat Hrgovic... so he hasn't fixed his.

I think Parker will win if he can survive the early rounds. I will go for Parker just because I like to make a choice but it's a close fight
          Last edited by Roberto Vasquez; 01-27-2024, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Parker is not that easy to hit. Now we will see how good boxer Zhang really is. We know he is strong. But boxing is not only about the power.

Comment

It is a great fight.

Zhang is two handed unlike Wilder, and is also much smarter with the way he sets up his punches.

However, Parker should have the speed and stamina advantage.

50/50 for me.

Comment

Originally posted by takenotes View Post
                Who had Zhang ever done that to before static, no head movement Joyce?

And no he wasn't beating up Hrgovic pretty good all night, Hrgovic was sleepwalking in that fight and he still took everything Zhang had to offer and was chasing, and I'm talking about LITERALLY chasing Zhang all over the ring in the final rounds.

The final shot of Zhang in that fight was him running away and literally leaning over the ropes with his back turned, he could have been disqualified for that.

Anyway, Parker has a very good chance of a win here.

Comment

Parker does what he did against Wilder he will get put to sleep via devastating Tai chi moves. If he wants to test to devastating karate of Zhang, it'll be his funeral.

Comment

Working...
                  X