Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren: Ngannou Presents a Clear Danger To Anthony Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curious what people will say if Ngannou pulls off the upset... Will he get any credit?

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post
      Curious what people will say if Ngannou pulls off the upset... Will he get any credit?
      No...because like Usyk, you have to beat A-Side Joshy twice to get any credit.

Where as he only has to beat you once and then it's a given that he would always beat you, like Parker 6 years ago.

Imagine if Djokovic in tennis declined to play matches in tournaments against guys he's beaten previously.

He'd be like..."but i beat him 6 years ago or last week or whatever why should i have to do it again"

Uhhh...because no man steps in the same river twice.

That is..."You're not the same man you were 6years ago and the river has possibly changed course with different body of water flowing past now."

Just because you did something in the past doesn't mean you can do it again.

Comment

2 pages of comments and it feels like you all missed the actual significant bit of Frank's commentary; instead going for tit for tat squabbling about Joshua, Fury, Ngannou.

The Saudis have made their move. The belt isn't just commemorative - it's a new championship belt and they pick who fights for it... along the lines of the UFC.

They're trying to make Undisputed fights in other divisions too right? They're challenging the orgs.

Comment

Originally posted by pollywog View Post

No...because like Usyk, you have to beat A-Side Joshy twice to get any credit.

Where as he only has to beat you once and then it's a given that he would always beat you, like Parker 6 years ago.

Imagine if Djokovic in tennis declined to play matches in tournaments against guys he's beaten previously.

He'd be like..."but i beat him 6 years ago or last week or whatever why should i have to do it again"

Uhhh...because no man steps in the same river twice.

That is..."You're not the same man you were 6years ago and the river has possibly changed course with different body of water flowing past now."

Just because you did something in the past doesn't mean you can do it again.
          That's how guys like Floyd took advantage of the casual fan. I'm fighting a big name! In reality 6 years too late but alas didn't matter.
          pollywog pollywog likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
            2 pages of comments and it feels like you all missed the actual significant bit of Frank's commentary; instead going for tit for tat squabbling about Joshua, Fury, Ngannou.

The Saudis have made their move. The belt isn't just commemorative - it's a new championship belt and they pick who fights for it... along the lines of the UFC.

They're trying to make Undisputed fights in other divisions too right? They're challenging the orgs.
            Havent missed a thing considering the idea was floated here a few weeks ago so Frank ain't sayin nothing we haven't said already.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/b...tion-and-belts

Comment

Originally posted by pollywog View Post

Havent missed a thing considering the idea was floated here a few weeks ago so Frank ain't sayin nothing we haven't said already.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/b...tion-and-belts
              Funnily enough, when one of the key figures in boxing clarified what has actually happened... it carried a bit more weight than an internet user wondering if something might one day happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post

Funnily enough, when one of the key figures in boxing clarified what has actually happened... it carried a bit more weight than an internet user wondering if something might one day happen.
                Nah...it really doesn't. It's whoever said it first.

They've obviously read my shít on here and made it happen.

You're welcome Frank and Turki. Where do i send the invoice?

But the point still stands. We didn't miss a thing Frank said.

Comment

Working...
                X