Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Beating Ryder Will Catapult Munguia To Level Where He Belongs; Canelo, Benavidez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Beating Ryder Will Catapult Munguia To Level Where He Belongs; Canelo, Benavidez

Oscar De La Hoya considers John Ryder "a live dog" in his fight with Jaime Munguia on Saturday night in Phoenix. "The Golden Boy" believes, though, that Munguia is ready to challenge Canelo Alvarez or David Benavidez later this year. Even though Ryder is a southpaw who has fought a higher level of opposition, including Alvarez, this is the type of fight De La Hoya expects Munguia to win at this point in his career.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Lol oh oscar

Comment

NO DISRESPECT to Ryder at all, but he has 6 losses. Come on Oscar. Promote like you fought.
      El_Feroz99 El_Feroz99 likes this.

Comment

Ryder might beat him, Alvarez and Benavidez will beat him and put him in the hospital.

GTFOH, Oscar.

Comment

Says alot about the division if Ryder is a gatekeeper to other bums lmfao

Comment

If all records were seen as equal, he'd be considered almost as great as Mayweather and Marciano.

But credit to the young man, he's a tough fighter and gives it his all.

Comment

I wonder who has more upside? If Munguia wins...he could be headed for a future beating that could retire him. I dont expect him to become another Berto. If Ryder wins...he could be headed for multiple beatings that will keep putting money in the promoters pockets. Ryder is a gatekeeper who remains competitive even in a loss. I think when Munguia finally loses...because of his style of fighting...it will be brutal and life altering. Better that Munguia loses a close decision to Ryder without too much pain...and then goes back to middleweight where the higher level competition isnt so fierce.
              AmpMcv AmpMcv MulaKO MulaKO like this.

Comment

I'll admit that I don't think much of Munguia, but he has improved over the years. If he beats Ryder in better fashion than some other top guys or looks better, I will give him his props because Ryder has beaten or given some good fighters problems. I don't think he should get a Canelo shot if he beats Ryder not because think I think wether he deserves it at the point but because IMO Benavides should get that shot before you can even consider Munguia.

Comment

I get Gilberto Ramirez vibes from Munguia. He’s good he can be a champion but when he faces that top name he’ll fall short especially at 168. I could be wrong but I think there’s 4 or 5 he loses to in this division.
                  AmpMcv AmpMcv likes this.

Comment

I'm so sick of this dudes saga. 2hat a promotional fail of epic proportions. This guys had/has the potential to be a gatti type fighter IMHO may have picked up a couple of belts but would have been a fan favorite if matched well and a threat to anyone. Shame

Comment

Working...
                    X