Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones Believes Jaron Ennis Would Be A Handful For Terence Crawford: "He Got Everything"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boots might be best fighter bud fought. Fight and beat boots and get credit for being a great fighter to be able to best a superstar in the making. It will be a win that will earn interest, when in 5 years time Boots is pfp no1
    You took 5 years to best spence, the boots fight can be made in 3 months. Buds resume not so good that he can pass up opportunities when they come
    Last edited by hugh grant; 01-26-2024, 05:11 AM.
    Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

RJJ my favorite all time fighter. He is playing devil's advocate here to stoke the flames of getting the fight done.

Boots does have alot of skill. But he is not what people say. I have watched every fight of his over the last few years, I am a fan. I hope to see him improve and eventually become a champ and a star. Boots is apparently a fighter that looks spectacular in the gym, but skills in the gym don't always translate to an all time great fighter. He doesn't have great ring IQ. He is arrogant. He isn't great at cutting off the ring (see Karen). He has a leaky and lazy defense. (See Villa)

His vaunted power was amazing against bad or shot fighters. Villa ate a ton of his punches and hit him back cleanly. If Villa had any defense he would have been dangerous to Ennis.

Crawford has the highest ring IQ of any active fighter I've seen in the last decade. He makes adjustments better than any fighter I have ever seen. And he has brutal power. When he lands, he will hurt Ennis.

I hope Bud either vacates or fights Boots to finally shut up the ex Spence fanboys who have now jumped on the Boots train. Of course, then they will just say that boots had an off night, he was injured, etc.

As I have said many times, Boots is by far the most protected hype job I have ever seen. His handlers and dad apparently aren't too confident in him. He calls Bud out when he has fights scheduled and turned Bud down when Bud offered him the fight before Ava.
      Last edited by Theshotyoudontsee; 01-25-2024, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Bud better fight Mell or Boots, since apparently Thurman and Tszyu got taken off the table, and nobody cares about the Spence rematch.

My preference would be:

Bud v Mell at 154
        Spence v Ortiz Jr at 154
        Boots v Stanionis at 147
        Teo v Haney or Matías or some combination there at 140
        ​​​​​​
        And Rolly to be stripped, Barroso elevated to full champ, and Ryan v Barroso at 140 so Barroso can get that big check and potentially end the hype train.

JosephHH Joseph likes this.

Comment

Ennis at this point beats Bud. For me, Ennis is faster and a more dynamic fighter. Bud fundamentals, experience and power make this fight so intriguing though.
          Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Ennis kinda reminds me of Roy in terms of the natural athletsicm he has in the ring. Technically he does make some mistakes but his athletism his speed power reflexes etc are enough right now for him to just dominate fights. It would be a interesting fight with bud not because Ennis is a better boxer technically he isn't but sometimes that don't matter because Roy was not as good as some fighters technically but the athletic gifts he had he'd still walk through them fighters because the speed and the power was to much. But Its why it's a fight I wanna see because I wanna see if bud technical abilities experience would be to much for Ennis or if Ennis natural gifts would just be to much for Bud. It should happen it's the best fight to make at 147lbs right now
            Last edited by Boxing2695; 01-25-2024, 11:32 PM.

Comment

GD!!! I want to see this fight so F***ING bad! It's near the tippy top of my list of dream fights for 2024. As good as Boots is he would be going in against arguably one histories GOATS and right after the best win of his career. It's one of those events that lined up just right that could be a passing of the torch moment or a fight that will cement Bud's greatness as I'm sure Boots would recover and become a HOF fighter even if he lost to Bud. Sort of the same situation as when Floyd dominated Canelo. It would not shock me at all to see Bud just beat the brakes off Boots though. Dude is otherworldly.

Comment

Wait...so the 'knock' on Floyd by fans who obviously didn't watch his entire career was that he never fought anyone in their prime (false). Now the same fans want to see Ennis fight a 36 year-old? Makes sense...

Comment

Working...
                X