Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ngannou: This Time There Won't Be The Surprise Element, Joshua Will Be Very Prepared

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ngannou: This Time There Won't Be The Surprise Element, Joshua Will Be Very Prepared

MMA veteran Francis Ngannou stands firm in his belief that he did enough last October to earn a decision win over WBC heavyweight world champion Tyson Fury.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Fury is always getting surprised. Cunningham, Wallin, he even socked himself. He might still be gun shy from that shot. He has to show that it's easy for him, kind of like Mayorga.

Comment

Ngannou has a good head on his shoulders. Hard not to root for the guy, even if I expect Joshua to knock him out.

Comment

Ngannou will give a good accounting for himself. I have no doubt. The guy is serious about his craft. Joshua needs to be focused on him and not what is after.

Comment

But being overly cautious and showing respect could backfire.

You can't hesitate too much against Ngannou. Once he smells fear, his instincts will take over and he'll go into beast mode.

Comment

AJ watching Reem fight on repeat.
            Kpmaryland Kpmaryland likes this.

Comment

We know if Ngannou catches Joshua as he did Fury they’ll be a more worrying reaction . He’s raw in boxing terms and should loose , especially now we have an idea of what he’s about but it’s the first hitter they’ve allowed Joshua in with since his annihilation by Ruiz and I wouldn’t bet any amount of money on his chin given what I’ve seen so far.

Comment

Originally posted by landotter View Post
                Ngannou will give a good accounting for himself. I have no doubt. The guy is serious about his craft. Joshua needs to be focused on him and not what is after.
                That's what I'm counting on. He should be able to absorb as much punishment as Breazeale did vs. AJ, solid 7-8 round beat down.
                landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

From what I saw vs Fury 'Once Ngannou had Fury hurt, Ngannou did not exactly pressure Fury anywhere near enough'.

Yes Ngannou won the 10 round fight vs Fury, and he does seem to have solid power.

But thus-far from what I have seen? I don't think his overall offense is super destructive 'Ngannou showed that he could hurt Fury, but really did not know what to do to conclude the fight'.

Note: I think people need to think a bit more when analyzing fights, just wading forward vs Ngannou is a silly tactic. And not because he is some all-time great offensive fighter, it is a silly tactic because? This sport is called boxing.

I am going to now give Tyson Fury some credit 'Because even though he never legitimately won his fight vs Ngannou. When you watch the fight back, you can detect the area's of boxing were Ngannou is going to struggle with greatly'.

After Fury was whacked 'Fury did to his credit, fight his way back into the fight to a certain degree'.

Fury did not achieve this by wading forward, he did this with his mid to long range game 'That is it'.

I envision Joshua, doing what Fury tried to do 'But much better'. Because the truth of the game is? Joshua is a more fundamentally correct, and technically efficient fighter than Fury, combined with greater punching power and superior combination punch ability.

Joshua's mid to long range game is proven 'Proven world level many times over. Joshua has even proven that he can compete at Super Elite level, using his mid to long game. That is exactly what he did for 24 rounds vs Oleksandr Usyk' We all know Joshua's level, there is no speculation like there is with Tyson Fury in recent years.

Joshua for me has just got to prepared and execute a high level, skill for skill fight 'Take full advantage of the 12 round distance'.

Because I don't rate Ngannou endurance 'Tyson Fury made a mistake, not making his fight vs Ngannou a 12 round fight'.

From what I can see, Joshua detractors are all attempting to goad him into fighting like a novice 'And the reason why you are all, giving this sly advice. Is because YOU all know, that Joshua is not a clumsy fighter like Tyson Fury'.

If Joshua is hyper aware of the danger of Ngannou's power, comes into this fight not wanting to make unforced errors and get whacked 'Then this fight is going to be very difficult for Ngannou to have his moments of destruction like he did vs Fury'.

Anthony Joshua in that sort of form, will out box Francis Ngannou 'And when Joshua is out boxing his opponents, with a intent of damage. It is not a game of tick, like some of Fury's fights. The punches are landing on the target with more power'

People do not understand, that this could be potentially the worst beat down of Ngannou's entire combat career '12 3 minute rounds of stand up fight, no going to ground, no tapping out'.

And due to his attitude as a fighter, and resolve 'Ngannou might be in the fight for the distance. I don't think that is great for him'.

One thing again, I detected in Ngannou's performance vs Fury 'I don't think Ngannou, was getting more dangerous as the fight progressed'.

Fury got whacked early on in the fight. And I think because Fury has this stereotype that he has a super healing factor 'I believe people just pass over, that maybe that knock-down did effect Fury for the rest of the fight'.

Joshua is not a clumsy fighter, does not make the unforced errors like Fury 'So I don't see him being decked by Ngannou. And because of that, I just believe Joshua will dictate the dynamic of the fight' etc.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 01-22-2024, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Honestly Wallin would beat Ngannou 9 times out of 10. There is always the outside chance he lands a great shot on Joshua but I think it's unlikely.

People are hyping this fight up too much just because Fury was useless. He was useless against Wallin too.... and Cunningham....and McDermott...

Watching Mike Tyson train Ngannnou it looks like he is trying to make him fight exactly like he did. Big mistake. We saw that with Roy Jones Jr and Chris Eubank. You will only ever get a cheap copy.
                    landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X