No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones - Superman at 55

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post

Not really. This was Ruiz. The worst heavyweight champion of all time.
    ruiz has a better resume than wilder. the worst is shannon briggs

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post

If that were true then, it would be true now. Fighters are judged by their prime and their achievements. Duran fought long after his best years were behind him — lost to some guys that couldn’t carry his ATG strap. Same with Ali.
      ————
      This is true but then boxing is riddled with countless casuals and newbies who do not believe Roy was as great as we say he was.
      CubanGuyNYC CubanGuyNYC likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Huge Roy Jones fan but that first fight with Tarver was anything but clear.
        That fight was actually his last hurrah and we didn't realize it in real time. He had to dig down and pull that fight out. He was absolutely exhausted!

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post

That fight was actually his last hurrah and we didn't realize it in real time. He had to dig down and pull that fight out. He was absolutely exhausted!
          Definitely.

That was his last good performance, despite showing he was clearly well beyond his best he had to dig deep and pull out a gutsy performance. Took a lot of hard punches too.

I also enjoyed his fight with Lacy, not a great win as Lacy is Lacy but was nice to see him at least look like the old Roy one last time.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Definitely.

That was his last good performance, despite showing he was clearly well beyond his best he had to dig deep and pull out a gutsy performance. Took a lot of hard punches too.
            I think the weight loss played a big factor in his performance in that fight.
            SweetPbfAli SweetPbfAli likes this.

Comment

Everything slowly fell apart after winning the WBA heavyweight title. He lost all that weight to go back to light heavyweight; things spiral downwards.

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post

Yeah I do to it messed him up, and when some thing like this happens to the body the resistance goes along with other things and at this level it doesn't take much to upset them.
                dan-b dan-b likes this.

Comment

He was a boss

I liked it when he started ****ing Russian sluts

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post

Indeed. He looked pale and atrophied in that fight. Actually, he looked that way going forward.

Comment

He looked like an old man when he fought Tyson he’s not getting the cruiser title back .

Comment

Working...
                      X