Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Calls 'Bull****' on Dana White's Take That MMA Fighters Are Not Making More Money in Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elfag View Post

That is true but also look at the ticket sales for that event, it didnt do well at all, the Saudis lost money and they are ok with that, it is to promote their country for tourism so they will have these events at a loss, how can the UFC even compete with Saudi princes using oil profits to put on events at a loss? its unrealistic and we get the same situation we got from DAZN when it was burning through venture capital money in its early days, we as fans end up with Golovkin vs Steve Rolls because DAZN will pay him 10-20 million and operate at a loss and now every boxer is refusing to fight good competition because they are waiting out for their steve rolls pay day but its unsustainable for every even to operate at a loss from overpaying the fighters.

At the top end, boxers are overpaid.
    Saudis wipe their @sses with money they have so much. If they're willing to pay big for the fights we want to happen, fcuk it, I'm all for it. I honestly could care less if the big fights don't happen in the states, I just want to see em happen.

I enjoyed day of reckoning on a weekend morning. Brought back memories of the early 80s, wide world of sports type feels.

My prob with boxing is the best fights took forever to or failed to materialize. If the Saudis make if happen, let em
    Last edited by El_Mero; 01-15-2024, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Mero View Post
      Francis even said it about his fight with Fury, that he made more in that fight than damn near his whole career in mma, specifically ufc
      Bro his trainer said he cried when he got his cut ffs. He said it changed his life.
      El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Bro his trainer said he cried when he got his cut ffs. He said it changed his life.
        And he just secured another bag vs Joshua!

Comment

Originally posted by Willow The Wisp View Post
          Jon Jones is certainly not "starving" with a career earning of 3 million
          No ****ing way is that accurate. He probably makes more than that per fight.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Mero View Post

And he just secured another bag vs Joshua!
            Dewey Cooper bought to get a Bugatti.
            El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Boxers overpaid hurts the sport. Prevents big fights gym happening

Comment

Working...
              X