Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gabe Rosado Believes Terence Crawford Should Fight Jaron Ennis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only way this fight happens is if the Saudis make it happen. I'd prefer to see Ennis build his own career. Why isn't he calling for a fight with Stanionis, Santillan , Crowley, Ortiz Jr, Giyasov, or even Rocha or Avanesyan? I don't buy that he's being avoided because you don't hear him call out his contemporaries at all.

Didn't even show up to challenge the winner of the undisputed fight. He hid until the rematch clause was announced.

​​​​​

Comment

Useless talking about this fight when nobody has any clue on when the Spence-Crawford rematch is going to take place. Nobody is interested in finding it out. They love putting the cart ahead of horse.

This site needs to stop writing these useless articles. They're waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Talk Radio View Post

He wasn’t at the top. He’s talking about guys at the top.

And Gabe is correct. Which is what makes it a duck.
        If Crawford doesn't want to fight for peanuts it's a duck but when it's Gabe, it's all good.

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post

If Crawford doesn't want to fight for peanuts it's a duck but when it's Gabe, it's all good.
          You’re comparing a guy who never reached the top, to the guy at top of 147.

ok

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
            There in lies the problem of the sport when you're king at a late age. Does Terrence risk what he's done to get to where he is now by facing a risky young opponent? Or hold out for mega paychecks against opponents we probably don't care to watch him face but will bring him the most $$$ at this stage of his career?

Anyone else miss the days when the likes of Tito Trinidad coming up at like 22 years old facing guys with 53-0 records? lol. Going on to provide years of amazing fights? I know they're long gone, but damn, those were the golden eras of boxing. Heck, I got into Pac when he was what, 24 years old? When he faced Barrera (63-3?) for their first fight. I can say, I had a blast watching every fight of his career from their forward. I just wish there were more guys out there like that, but like I said, that's a bygone era.
            I agree with the point that champs should be willing to fight prospects. But at the same time, when those prospects and other fighters fight infrequently, and even then fight nobodies, while waiting for an ez ticket to the top, it doesnt feel right to allow that scam.

Comment

Originally posted by BustedKnuckles View Post

I agree with the point that champs should be willing to fight prospects. But at the same time, when those prospects and other fighters fight infrequently, and even then fight nobodies, while waiting for an ez ticket to the top, it doesnt feel right to allow that scam.
              Can anyone be more of a scam than Berlanga? The dude is dying to face Canelo for that lottery winning ticket. That's a match I can see him getting absolutely wrecked in. He has no business being in the ring against Canelo in every sense. At least not yet. The dude needs to put in work.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post

Can anyone be more of a scam than Berlanga? The dude is dying to face Canelo for that lottery winning ticket. That's a match I can see him getting absolutely wrecked in. He has no business being in the ring against Canelo in every sense. At least not yet. The dude needs to put in work.
                He's an example. But even decent fighters do the same thing. Benavidex was waiting for Canelo for a long time before v Andrade. Bivol waited around for the rematch, seemingly. The list goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by BustedKnuckles View Post

He's an example. But even decent fighters do the same thing. Benavidex was waiting for Canelo for a long time before v Andrade. Bivol waited around for the rematch, seemingly. The list goes on.
                  Yeah, but even those guys have stayed mostly busi"er" with other opponents or opponents where you may have heard of them. Berlanga has fought no one and just wants to go from tomato cans to being turned into tomato paste.
                  Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Working...
                  X