Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz Targets Tim Tszyu Title Clash: I Want Him Next!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
    How is he getting Sue out of Oz?
    Tszyu said that his last fight against Mendoza was his last fight in Australia , he wants to fight in Vegas from now on. He should probably set his sights on Saudi , that's where the money is these days.

Comment

Calling out Tszyu is basically saying, I’m ready to retire… that fight turns ugly for Ortiz in the late rounds…

Comment

Too soon. Vergil needs some rounds at 154. last night might as well not have even happened even if he'd made the weight, which he did not.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis2 View Post
          Calling out Tszyu is basically saying, I’m ready to retire… that fight turns ugly for Ortiz in the late rounds…
          i think it is an quick jump from not making it thru weigh ins to deciding the opponents that make the most noise for him right now. i liked the way he started out as a prospect but he has not been able to show himself beyound that bc of his issues with health or whatever is going on there ? the fight was at some catch weight ? i did not know that makes it even more skeechty to me to listen to a guy right after finally making weight without landing in the hospital agaisnt an opponent who well and a weight class that dont exist.

Comment

I'd like to see Ortiz get 2 more fights under his belt with one going at least 6-8 rounds and then raising hell with Tszyu. But part of me wonders if he is rushing this so that if his health issue comes back, that he will at least fought for a title. Thats what any fighter would want to do under those circumstances. I hope at least he gets a title shot and I'd be pulling for him against Tszyu.
            Last edited by richardt; 01-07-2024, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Make this fight. It doesn't help to fight guys like Lawson.

He could fight one of the top contenders yes, a name fighter, and then Tszyu.

Comment

Take your time, just got back from something serious, no need to rush. Next fight should be against someone in the top 15, get some rounds and go from there. People criticize because of this particular opponent but you need baby steps coming back from something this serious to see how you feel.

Comment

Greenfield02 - Uh um, he weighed in at 156: https://www.boxingscene.com/vergil-o...%20Las%20Vegas.

Comment

Well dam!!! Make this happen next

Comment

I think one more fight then Tim or Charlo. He needs to be tested by a hard hitting junior W first. Not sure if he can handle Tim's power right away. Oscar should not get greedy and marinate it for another fight before fighting the elites.

Comment

Working...
                      X