Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Derek Chisora: "I Don't Think Deontay Wilder Wants To Fight Anymore"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sidefx996 View Post

Exactly. Especially with 8 kids and 4 baby mamas to share those millions with...
    Hope one of his boys takes up the gloves early enough to not be like his late starting ol man but still inheriting the Hellboy Hand of Doom!

Comment

Originally posted by BoxOfficer View Post

If you want him "to fight like he did in the past", then you want him to go back to his previous level of opposition, punctuated by a dive here and there.
      I know his opposition wasn't amazing, but I thought his Ortiz wins were actually really good. Ortiz was a guy that would have given a lot of heavyweights hell at that time. People can call him what they want after Wilder flattened him, but up until that point, no big names were calling out Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post

I know his opposition wasn't amazing, but I thought his Ortiz wins were actually really good. Ortiz was a guy that would have given a lot of heavyweights hell at that time. People can call him what they want after Wilder flattened him, but up until that point, no big names were calling out Ortiz.
        ortiz signed with pbc so he was on the pbc track. they made sure no one got him and saved him for wilder. he even turned down offers from other guys during that period. the boogeyman stuff was just publicity. unfortunately the pbc stunted his possible growth and he ended up with a weak resume before and after wilder so its hard to call him some great win, hes not even on the parker, ruiz, whyte level even though its possible he might have been better than those guys but we will never know
        Last edited by daggum; 01-04-2024, 06:11 PM.
        BoxOfficer BoxOfficer likes this.

Comment

Thank God even British boxers like Froch & now Chisora see it.

Hearn & AJ succeeded in waiting Wilder out until he was old and complacent and had lost a step.

Comment

I am wagering we see Wilder in at least one more fight in his hometown against a scrub. They will call it a "get well" fight and bill it as his first steps back to the top, but it may well just be a farewell fight. I just do not think someone like Wilder goes out on a loss and loves fighting in his back yard.
            Hitmon Hitmon pollywog pollywog like this.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post

ortiz signed with pbc so he was on the pbc track. they made sure no one got him and saved him for wilder. he even turned down offers from other guys during that period. the boogeyman stuff was just publicity. unfortunately the pbc stunted his possible growth and he ended up with a weak resume before and after wilder so its hard to call him some great win, hes not even on the parker, ruiz, whyte level even though its possible he might have been better than those guys but we will never know
              Ortiz was signed to mismatchroom before PBC and AJ didn’t fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by landotter View Post
                I am wagering we see Wilder in at least one more fight in his hometown against a scrub. They will call it a "get well" fight and bill it as his first steps back to the top, but it may well just be a farewell fight. I just do not think someone like Wilder goes out on a loss and loves fighting in his back yard.
                Well he might as well he boxes like he’s in his backyard at a BBQ if that’s a farewell fight . I believe he will be sharper next time but the Joshua fight isn’t that important now as he won’t get credit,Wilder is now suddenly to old now ?
                Last edited by juggernaut666; 01-05-2024, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
                  Thank God even British boxers like Froch & now Chisora see it.

Hearn & AJ succeeded in waiting Wilder out until he was old and complacent and had lost a step.
                  O.K so remember this post when or if I see you ever stating Joshua is ducking Wilder at any point now if he suddenly gets his step back and don’t want to suddenly use the excuse anymore to fit this story you like .

Because I’ll pull it right up .

Comment

Idk that I ever understand mfers with $10m or more in the bank who wanna keep fighting. This is not the business to stay in too long or when you got too much money. And Deontay is probably too old & too rich to be the guy he was at one time.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post

No one was calling out Ortiz during his prime during and around the Jennings fight, and his prime wasn't when Wilder fought him. Agreed, Ortiz was still somewhat good when they fought first time, maybe, but we would never know for sure because they (PBC) refused to allow him get meaningful fight (get tested) afterwards.

What we do know was that Ortiz was su****iously older than the books say, and more sadly, he had a heart condition (HB Pressure) when Wilder fought him and still does.

High blood pressure for a combat sportsman is no joke.

Comment

Working...
                      X