Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis Now Sole Recognized WBA Lightweight Titlist; Haney Removed As 'Super' Champ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn. Its the era of email champions ig.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
      He's the next Broner. He's going to spend the next few years alternating between fighting cherries and getting arrested as he slowly fades, and then he's going to mess around and get Maidana'd when he actually has to fight a credible guy his own size.
      If he was the next AB he'd have fallen off already. Tank is damn near 30. AB is only 5yrs old than Tank & has been washed for a decade.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobArum View Post

That's a FAIR critique although he did beat defending champion Pedraza for the Super Featherweight strap and easily dispatched of young hype jobs Romero + Garcia. Still, I don't think he'd have any problems taking out the best fighters in his division BAR facing somebody of equivalent talent i.e. Teofimo + Shakur which would be 50-50 fights.
        I actually think Tank might be the most talented out of them all. I think he's really good.

That's why I find it a shame he's nearly 30 and not really in any rush to prove it.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

I actually think Tank might be the most talented out of them all. I think he's really good.

That's why I find it a shame he's nearly 30 and not really in any rush to prove it.
          Agreed...after Teofimo whooped Lomachenko, I remember thinking to myself that Teofimo + Tank were probably the 2 most talented fighter's around that weight class followed by Lomachenko (too old), Haney and Garcia. However, following his loss to Kambosos and the emergence of Shakur, Teofimo dropped in my estimations as it was clear that his personal/mental issues were impacting his boxing and had Tank & Shakur tied for the top 2 spots. However, after Teofimo dethroned another undisputed champion in Taylor, I now rank him as the best of the bunch simply because he's willing to take risks and has a better resume than Tank.

Having said that, if the two were ever to square off, it would be a 50-50 pick 'em fight and I wouldn't be surprised at all if Tank won.
          Last edited by HisExcellency; 01-03-2024, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobArum View Post

Agreed...after Teofimo whooped Lomachenko, I remember thinking to myself that Teofimo + Tank were probably the 2 most talented fighter's around that weight class followed by Lomachenko (too old), Haney and Garcia. However, following his loss to Kambosos and the emergence of Shakur, Teofimo dropped in my estimations as it was clear that his personal/mental issues were impacting his boxing and had Tank & Shakur tied for the top 2 spots. However, after Teofimo dethroned another undisputed champion in Taylor, I now rank him as the best of the bunch simply because he's willing to take risks and has a better resume than Tank.

Having said that, if the two were ever to square off, it would be a 50-50 pick 'em fight and I wouldn't be surprised at all if Tank won.
            Teo is excellent when he's on his game

He fought ****** v Kambosos. Kambosos is very good if you fight aggressively vs him because he excels in fast combinations when you come over your front foot.

I think I was pretty much the only person on this forum that said Kambosos was a bad style for Lopez before the fight, especially if Lopez thinks he can walk through him and it turned out to be true.

Kambosos is very good in that situation, he's just not very good when fighters don't commit to much and he has to initiate things. The patient version of Teo would beat him.

the Teo that has his head right and a real game plan is seriously good.​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

If he was the next AB he'd have fallen off already. Tank is damn near 30. AB is only 5yrs old than Tank & has been washed for a decade.
              Broner actually fought way, way better competition than Tank though.

Comment

Mr. 165 Pounds won't be going back to 135 again, so stripping his belts is moot. Tank will look to defend his gifted title against another no-hoper in '24. Who can he drag up or drain down a couple of weight classes? Any prominent Youtubers in his weight class?

Comment

His name is Abdul Wahid now.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

its easy to keep winning when you only fight bums, teeny tiny men, and drained opponents. broners competition was better than tanks and he fought way above where he should have. bad combo.
                    JakeTheBoxer JakeTheBoxer likes this.

Comment

I think he loses to Shakur and Lomachenko at 135. That is why he doesn`t fight them.

Comment

Working...
                      X