Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Khan: Saudis Have Interest in Pacquiao Fight, It Would Be Massive

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amir Khan WAS a world class boxer in his prime and probably had the fastest hands I've ever seen in a boxing ring. He also was a unified world champion and has beaten plenty of world class fighters during his career e.g. Maidana, Barrera, Alexander, Malignaggi and Judah. However, one thing he NEVER was was an ELITE top 10 p4p fighter and I don't think his hugely inflated ego could ever deal with that. After all, that's why he constantly chased fights with Mayweather, Pacquiao and faced Crawford and Canelo (at a huge weight disadvantage) because he was aware that each of these fighter's had been the p4p #1 at some point during their career. Therefore, if he managed to defeat one of them, he could end his career by saying that he was p4p #1 at some point. However, obviously there's levels to this sport which is why every time he's stepped up in competition to face a top p4p fighter he's been soundly defeated.

I also believe he only faced Brook so that he could say he was the best UK fighter of his generation but I've always rated Brook as the better fighter so wasn't surprised that he managed to stop Khan. Still, I was shocked that Khan managed to stay on his feat throughout the fight as Kell hit him with everything but the kitchen sink so kudos to BoMac for instilling a chin in him at such short notice.

Anyhow, I believe Khan chasing a fight with Pacquiao is his FINAL attempt at trying to secure a victory over a former p4p #1 fighter and all time great. However, unfortunately for him, he will come unstuck like he has every single time before he's stepped up in competition.
    Last edited by HisExcellency; 12-18-2023, 08:40 AM.

Comment

I guess Berto v Ghost is inspiring other past it older boxers.

Comment

this fight would have been big 10 years ago... now it means nothing.

Comment

Working...
        X