Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Nery On Inoue-Tapales Undisputed Clash: I Am Waiting For The Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MED_1978 View Post
    There are some decent fights left for Inoue at 126 pounds in 2024. After Tapales a match with Nery is a good one, then after he can fight the winner of Kevin Gonzalez v Murudjhon Akhmadaliev and then Sam Goodman, that would pretty much clean out the division and then it will be time for 130 pounds.
    Those fights are at 122. Why should he skip 126 to go to 130?

Comment

Wasn't Nery KTFO'd by Figureoa? Why would the winner of Inoue-Tapales fight Nery now? I'd rather see the winner face Figureoa at 126 than Nery.

Comment

Originally posted by THC View Post
        Where would this fight happen if the Japanese boxing commision has a lifetime ban on Nery?

On the other hand, the commision allowing the overweight Nery to fight, then imposing that lifetime ban after he destroyed Yamanaka in the 1st round of the rematch... looks like face-saving retribution rather than the enforcement of rules.

BTW, WBC + clenbuterol bust = built-in contamination excuse?
        It will happen in the US with Top Rank promoting it. Nery will get a significantly smaller purse than Tapales got in Japan but it is also his fault. Inoue will take it only because he has personal vendetta against that POS.

Nery would've been banned anyway regardless of the result, even if Yamanaka won the rematch. People outside Japan who doesn't follow the lower weights probably don't know, but Yamanaka was a well liked long time champion who had 12 consecutive defenses, was already 35 years old at the time of the first Nery match and was going to retire after the match hopefully having tied the Japanese legend HoFer Yoko Gushiken's Japanese record of 13 consecutive defenses. However Yamanaka lost, but then the banned substance fallout came out so Yamanaka took back his retirement and announced he was returning for one last fight to get his belt back. It was marketed as truly the last fight for a long time beloved champion, with all the Japanese boxing fans backing him. Nery definitely knew that Yamanaka had no choice but to fight him at that point because he wasn't going out having taken back retirement and only to refuse to fight, and came back well overweight.

Inoue respected Yamanaka and was a guy he looked up to. Nery essentially sayed FU to him and pissed on his farewell year.​

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

Those fights are at 122. Why should he skip 126 to go to 130?
          You are right, sorry I got the weights wrong for the divisions I was talking about, I meant at 122 there were some decent fights left before going to 126lbs. I would also add Casimero too as they have unfinished business and that would be a huge fight over in Japan or Phillipines.

Comment

Originally posted by MED_1978 View Post

You are right, sorry I got the weights wrong for the divisions I was talking about, I meant at 122 there were some decent fights left before going to 126lbs. I would also add Casimero too as they have unfinished business and that would be a huge fight over in Japan or Phillipines.
            As long as he stays in 122, Inoue's next two fights after Tapales will definitely Nery who is the mandatory and MJ who likely will win eliminater next week.

Ideally Casimero fights Sam Goodman in the mean time and the winner gets third dibs.

Comment

Originally posted by Elheath View Post
              As long as he stays in 122, Inoue's next two fights after Tapales will definitely Nery who is the mandatory and MJ who likely will win eliminater next week.

Ideally Casimero fights Sam Goodman in the mean time and the winner gets third dibs.
              And all of those fights are great too. That's an insane level of competition too.

Comment

Working...
              X