Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Francisco Estrada To Test Bantamweight Waters, Eyes March Ring Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quack Quack.

Thinks he's going to get better money from a random bantamweight bout, even if it's for a title as a challenger, than in Japan against Ioka as a titlist? Not a chance.

He's running from Ioka AND Nakatani IMO. 118 is a safer division than 115 right now. No surprise that he wants to move up now that Naoya is firmly ensconced at 122 also.

El Pato.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Would be great to see him fight Santiago that just beat Donaire. Also thinks he does well against Moloney, Rodriguez and Inoue.

Wonder if he beats Inoue does he move up to fight his brother The Monster. He likely hits to hard.
      Santiago will be fighting Junto Nakatani in February for the WBC Bantamweight title.
      While Maloney fights Saul Sanchez for the WBO.

If both Nakatani and Maloney get passed their next opponent it will set up Nakatani vs Maloney.
      Good story if it happens.
      Maloney trying to avenge his brothet after he got brutally K.O'd by Nakatani.
      The Big Dunn The Big Dunn likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post

Santiago will be fighting Junto Nakatani in February for the WBC Bantamweight title.
        While Maloney fights Saul Sanchez for the WBO.

If both Nakatani and Maloney get passed their next opponent it will set up Nakatani vs Maloney.
        Good story if it happens.
        Maloney trying to avenge his brothet after he got brutally K.O'd by Nakatani.
        Ok thanks for this.

Looks like its me that dunnoshet lol.

Comment

I wonder who will it be?

Comment

Wonder why he won't go after the Japanese guy who pancaked Maloney last year.

Comment

If the rumors are true, then Nakatani is fighting Santiago and Takuma is fighting Ancajas (the one that got postponed from last month) and Moloney with Sanchez so that leaves Emmanual Rodriguez as the only choice if he is going for a belt on his first try. Granted this makes me wonder if his reason for not accepting Ioka unification was truly about money, because I see absolutely no way he's getting more from fighting Rodriguez as a challenger than fighting Ioka as a champion in an unification bout in Japan on New Years Eve. Unlike Nakatani who was obviously struggling to make weight it wasn't like Estrada was desperate to go up.

And if he is fighting a non-champion, then it also gives me mixed impression considering Nakatani and Ioka both openly wanted an unification fight with him.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                Well, I guess now that Inoue is at 122, Estrada can finally stop starving himself

And this is a good excuse to why he ducked Ioka for the 12/31 card.
                I am a fan of guys challenging up any day so I'm not against it, but if this really was the reason he shouldn't have said anything about money not being enough and such because it makes him look like he was looking for an excuse not to fight the other champs. Estrada's last fight was the trilogy with Chocolatito, and absolutely no one in 115 or 118 right now is going to get him anything near that. Regardless of who the opponent was, he was already guaranteed to get paid less unless he was dreaming of a Chocolatito IV paycheck which wasn't happening. Heck, who will get him more than a New Year bout in Japan with Ioka in 115 or 118?

Not to mention with Takuma, Santiago (according to rumors) and Moloney taken, unless Estrada immediately fights Rodriguez he is going to make chump change fighting a non-title bout at 118.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post

I agree bro
                  If you know you know
                  Zaroku Zaroku likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post

Regardless what I think Estrada has it like a win. Regardless the fights were close and entertaining. The two top guys of the division fought each other multiple times and fought every other top fighter in the division.

Something that the higher weights don't do.

If Estrada is fighting I am watching.
                    Same here. I’ll watch greatness everytime I get a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Elheath View Post
                      I am a fan of guys challenging up any day so I'm not against it, but if this really was the reason he shouldn't have said anything about money not being enough and such because it makes him look like he was looking for an excuse not to fight the other champs. Estrada's last fight was the trilogy with Chocolatito, and absolutely no one in 115 or 118 right now is going to get him anything near that. Regardless of who the opponent was, he was already guaranteed to get paid less unless he was dreaming of a Chocolatito IV paycheck which wasn't happening. Heck, who will get him more than a New Year bout in Japan with Ioka in 115 or 118?

Not to mention with Takuma, Santiago (according to rumors) and Moloney taken, unless Estrada immediately fights Rodriguez he is going to make chump change fighting a non-title bout at 118.
                      He won't make more than the 12/31 card in Japan, that's a fact. It's a shame we won't see it.

Comment

Working...
                      X