Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bernard Hopkins on Ryan Garcia: 'We're Not in the Business of Kissing a Fighter's Ass'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smash View Post

5/ eggie benn

yeah cryin was a good dance partner for tank so he must have fans out there, but maybe they are not so dedicated fans as i dont think (correct if wrong) cryin has done any ppv's apart from the tank one, so the jury may be out as of now maybe
    You can put Benn in with Canelo - and it won't do the numbers that Tank/Ryan did.

Ryan has 1million plus instagram followers - he is known to casuals - as long as he doesn't lose to mediocre fighters he will be a draw and even if he did lose to an average fighter he could still make massive money fighting the likes of Conor McGregor - look how much Tommy Fury likely made against Jake Paul
    Last edited by SteveM; 11-30-2023, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Garcia has an inflated view of himself; popularity doesn’t translate to substance. Mad because GB isn’t adhering to his popularity. I’m with BHop

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post

You can put Benn in with Canelo - and it won't do the numbers that Tank/Ryan did.

Ryan has 1million plus instagram followers - he is known to casuals - as long as he doesn't lose to mediocre fighters he will be a draw and even if he did lose to an average fighter he could still make massive money fighting the likes of Conor McGregor - look how much Tommy Fury likely made against Jake Paul
        yeah i cant really argue with that, the numbers dont lie

i guess looking like he karate kid is a pretty good starting point

tommy fury as well, i guess teen girls do actually buy boxing ppv's ho ho

Comment

Ry is trying to leave GBP, so they’re acting petty towards him, trying to smear him. It’s what GBP and Top Rank does. That’s why fighters should just join PBC. Haymon isn’t in the lime light, doing bitter interviews of fighters who leave PBC.

Adrian Broner had a lot to say about PBC/Haymon and no one from PBC ever said anything. Of course, Broner got treated so bad that he came back crawling to Haymon.

With that said, GBP is just showing fighters what to expect from them.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Ry is trying to leave GBP, so they’re acting petty towards him, trying to smear him. It’s what GBP and Top Rank does. That’s why fighters should just join PBC. Haymon isn’t in the lime light, doing bitter interviews of fighters who leave PBC.

Adrian Broner had a lot to say about PBC/Haymon and no one from PBC ever said anything. Of course, Broner got treated so bad that he came back crawling to Haymon.

With that said, GBP is just showing fighters what to expect from them.
            I think Oscar and Hopkins have always had a weird vibe about them with the whole promotion thing.

Oscar even more so these days. He used to try and put a front on, now he's just overtly strange.
            Carpe Diem Carpe Diem likes this.

Comment

Some tough love from Bhop here and well deserved. Ryan reminds me of every other young 20 something kid with all that energy and drive but it's mostly fantasy at least for the moment. Simply wanting something really really bad doesn't make it true or a fact. Everyone knows that kid who claims they're going to do this and that and then never does but that energy was there just not the work ethic.

Comment

Both Oscar and B-Hop are fake mofos, especially Oscar with that constant built-in cheesy ****-eating grin he does at every press conference. With that being said, Ryan is part of the new age sensitive/emotional athletes. They can’t and won’t accept any type of criticism whatsoever, they want nothing but constant praises and to be told how great they already are on a daily basis without putting in the work like the previous generation did.
                Last edited by Carpe Diem; 11-30-2023, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Canelo tried to tell Ryan Garcia that he needed more focus and discipline to be great.

It sounds like Bernard Hopkins has maybe also tried to impart similar words of advice.

Oscar attempted to steer him away from accepting the catchweight against Tank Davis and that was ignored too.

But Ryan doesn’t like hearing any of it or perhaps there is someone in his ear gassing him up too much. Word of advice, kid: you should probably really listen when experienced greats are talking.
                  Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 12-01-2023, 05:46 AM.
                  Bronx2245 Bronx2245 likes this.

Comment

"Now I will promote a fight, but I will not promote a lie. I’mma say it again. I will promote a fight, but I will not promote a lie. Take that to the bank and make sure you get interest later on off that quote." - Bernard Hopkins

That's a classic! That's that real O.G. Philly Fighter "ish" right there! Much Respect!

Comment

Originally posted by juanpablo View Post
                      Promoters are supposed to promote a fighter. How can you have a product and not believe in your product 100%? Having said that, more reporters nowadays should think like BHop is thinking here. Too many reporters are in the business of brown-nosing rather than reporting facts and calling fighters out on their BS.
                      If the product is ''defective'', mentioning it needs an upgrade is understandable.
                      Tell it like it is and hope the words stick.
                      Ryan is no longer a little boy who needs to only hear nice things.

He can always promote himself

Comment

Working...
                      X